Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had problems with the truck coming to work this morning, whenever I eased off the gas for a junction it didn't want to idle , had to pump the accelarator to get it to rev.
Gave it a quick look over when I got to work and there's a huge lag when you push on the pedal 'till the rev's pick up.
Anyone know how I can sort this before trying the drive home?

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
is it a vacuum advance dizzy ? has the diaphragm split or the vacuum pipe come off ? does it still have contact breaker points ? has the gap closed up ?
Is it a single solex carb ? has the wire come off the fuel cut off valve.
all stuff you can check whilst at work. Good luck.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Right I've tried that and the plate is moving a few mil, so I'm assuming that's OK, it's seems to bve idling now, the fault seems to be when I open the throttle wide there's a huge lag / flat spot, and the engine seems to want to stall, sometime sit'll slowly pick up revs with coughs and starts, if i open the throttle very slowly she seems to pick up OK, I'm a bit confused now???

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
That sounds like timing, is the distributor loose ? it may have slipped so the timing has been upset. What kind of engine are we talking about anyway ?

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Yeah moby's probably right...this happened to my lady's 1303...when you floored it the engine would want to die...you had to build the revs slowly. The accelerator pump jet was partially blocked - it was letting some fuel come out when you pumped the accelerator but not enough.

Take the air filter off your carb and open the throttle fully whilst looking down the carb throat...if you see a flow/jet coming out of accel pump jet then it could be crap/dirty inside your carb. Come back when you've tried that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts