Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi ther i want to stick the 1641 out of my busw into my 1200 bug whilst the bus is being restored i need to to know if tin ware on a 1200 is differant to 1300-1600 tinware (i have a set off my other bug) also are flywheels likely to be differant sizes? :hangloose

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
vdubberdan said:
hi ther i want to stick the 1641 out of my busw into my 1200 bug whilst the bus is being restored i need to to know if tin ware on a 1200 is differant to 1300-1600 tinware (i have a set off my other bug) also are flywheels likely to be differant sizes? :hangloose
yes its slightly smaller :D,not sure about the flywheel ,think they may be same as 1300 bug flywheel

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Yes the tinware would be different, as the 1200 is a single port, and your 1641 would be a twin port. If you have a late bay, then the rear tin, (nearest the back of your bus) would be a different shape, to the beetle and early bus tins. But if you are thinking of taking the 1641 in its entirety out of the bus and putting it into the bug, then i would think you would only really need to change that rear tin, from bus to bug tin, which should be fine off the 1200 engine.

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
could you expand on that pls is that the fly wheel is a 180mm as apposed to a 200mm one or are the holes in the tin ware going to be differant?

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
vdubberdan said:
could you expand on that pls is that the fly wheel is a 180mm as apposed to a 200mm one or are the holes in the tin ware going to be differant?
bug flywheel is 180 a camper is 200

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cool the engine is a bug engine that was converted to fit the camper but now i think about the clutch i put in the bus was a 180mm :hangloose

1 - 6 of 6 Posts