1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nearly finished my fastback resto;
http://www.vwscotclub.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4502
And starting to think about the inside.

I was going to paint the vinyl black but before I do does anybody have a recomendation for where to get a TMI set?

Has anybody fitted a set? How hard was it and what is the quality like?

What sort of price did you pay?

If you can answer these wee questions I would be much obliged.

Many thanks,

Dave.

·
ready for the off....
36,584 Posts
I got my karmann cabrio interior trim from Karmann Konnection ages ago - lovely quality.

Not sure about your car but if they make the bits as good as the cabrio stuff, which I am sure they do, you'll be happy :)

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
16,449 Posts
I got a kit from heritage for my Ghia. The quality and finish was excellent and I would say was good value. I think the price varies depending on the model of car. I also bought a carpet set from them too which was an excellent fit and again good value. I think I did the whole inside barring the seats for about £300 odd

·
Registered
5,154 Posts
I used TMI interior panels in my cabrio and also re-covered my highback seats with a set of TMI covers....both sourced from VW Heritage.
The seat covers went on a treat, you can't tell the difference between the factory installed black basket-weave vinyl rear seats and the re-covered fronts.
Others may disagree but I'd whole-heartedly recommend TMI :).

·
Registered
13,200 Posts
Don't forget to check out your local trimmers too - may be cheaper than you think (it was cheaper for us to get the panels in the van trimmed than buy a tmi kit but then there's more of them in a van than a fasty).

Seat covers are good, wasn't impressed with their type 3 carpet though

·
Registered
160 Posts
I cant say enough good things about the quality of the TMI kits. Fitting can be a bit stressful (try warming the covers up in the sun or with a hairdryer first) and its worth re doing the padding under the seats if they are knackered to give the seat a better shape.

Go for it ;)

·
Registered
10,126 Posts
I got a really nice complete new interior from an advert I saw on eBay, try searching for Group Harringtons, they give you options for any colour combination on their colour list and its done in vynel (?!) and its a lot cheaper than TMI, but if you got the money go for the TMI...

Oh and fittings pretty easy and gives you the chance to re-pad your seats which does your ass the world of good, just make sure you can beg borrow or steal a pair of hog ring plers as they are pretty pricey

1 - 8 of 8 Posts