Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please,please,please just shut up will you! ;)

Right i get it that you dont like the fact that there are lots of so called chav's trying to tear around in their 1.0l corsa's :)
And you are probably too old for the loud music (only joking!)

But you and your constant moaning about it is probably putting a lot of new Air cooled Vw owners from going!
Which is giving fuel to your argument that less & less Vw's are present! :crazy:

I have just got back from RTTS (well last night anyway!)
I stayed at Travelgue in a tent!
This was my first time and i nearly didnt go because of all the slagging off i read on Vzi

I glad that i ignored all you winger's :D I have just had the best time ever & met some great people (Mel & Sue in their American spec 1303 Karmann Cab. & Antony in his Blue Flip front Bug!)
I steered clear of the Rave tent as i am too old for that :lol:
But spent 2 nights enjoying the Great Live Bands and fantastic Comedians in the Comedy club!

I enjoyed looking at all the Great cars and laughing at all the crap ones!
I ignored all the chav's that were being arseholes but spoke to some nice ones that were there to enjoy the event and the cars! (just like all of us)
And even the weather didnt Dampen my Spirits :D

Right you are all entitled to your own opinions but just stop and think for a minute
Dont you think that it could be your constant moaning on Vzi
(That a lot of New V dubbers come on to looking for advice etc.)
is contributing to the fact that less & less Air cooled VW's
are turning up each year!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right rant over

Bring on the abuse! :D

·
Registered
21,613 Posts
Not fussed about the chavs. or the loud music. Are chavs just people who like to modify there own breed of car? novas,corsas,saxos etc etc. basically the same as us, we all enjoy our cars (when they are running) I'm just pissed off that I didn't go!
Yes there are bound to be pricks at the event, there's always 1 or more, but the majority of people who go, are there for the fun and to get together with like minded people
Next year...someone drag me there will ya!!??!!?? :incheek:

·
Registered
10,535 Posts
glad you had a good one mate :) i never been but i always try to decide for myself and not let others decide for me, the word chav is used for everything on here i feel sometimes and it winds me up more than anything!!!

·
Registered
139 Posts
i went to the 1st rtts and carried on going until 2001, it had changed from its original beginings as a cruise/ car weekend to a more dance music festival with a car show on the side. wasnt for me anymore so dont go now but had many a good time when i did go.

each to there own and i guess you gotta try something at least twice to see if its for you or not, whats cool for one may not be for another. glad you enjoyed it :)

for a good vw event in cornwall you cant beat the cvwoc jamboree :hangloose

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gal said:
Not fussed about the chavs. or the loud music. Are chavs just people who like to modify there own breed of car? novas,corsas,saxos etc etc. basically the same as us, we all enjoy our cars (when they are running) I'm just pissed off that I didn't go!
Yes there are bound to be pricks at the event, there's always 1 or more, but the majority of people who go, are there for the fun and to get together with like minded people
Next year...someone drag me there will ya!!??!!?? :incheek:
You are a bit far away for me to drag you there!
Maybe ill P.m you nearer next years to tell you to get off your arse & go! :D

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
rad dad said:
i went to the 1st rtts and carried on going until 2001, it had changed from its original beginings as a cruise/ car weekend to a more dance music festival with a car show on the side. wasnt for me anymore so dont go now but had many a good time when i did go.

each to there own and i guess you gotta try something at least twice to see if its for you or not, whats cool for one may not be for another. glad you enjoyed it :)

for a good vw event in cornwall you cant beat the cvwoc jamboree :hangloose
Yes i agree, each to their own & you should try everything for yourself to see if it is for you or not.
And like you said 'whats cool for one may not be for another'

but if it is not cool for them why do they have to slag it off on a public forum and maybe put other people off from trying it for themselves? (makes me mad!)

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
kevinjac said:
Please,please,please just shut up will you! ;)

Right i get it that you dont like the fact that there are lots of so called chav's trying to tear around in their 1.0l corsa's :)
And you are probably too old for the loud music (only joking!)

But you and your constant moaning about it is probably putting a lot of new Air cooled Vw owners from going!
Which is giving fuel to your argument that less & less Vw's are present! :crazy:

I stayed at Travelgue in a tent!
This was my first time and i nearly didnt go because of all the slagging off i read on Vzi

I glad that i ignored all you winger's :D I have just had the best time ever & met some great people (Mel & Sue in their American spec 1303 Karmann Cab. & Antony in his Blue Flip front Bug!)
I steered clear of the Rave tent as i am too old for that :lol:
But spent 2 nights enjoying the Great Live Bands and fantastic Comedians in the Comedy club!

I enjoyed looking at all the Great cars and laughing at all the crap ones!
I ignored all the chav's that were being arseholes but spoke to some nice ones that were there to enjoy the event and the cars! (just like all of us)
And even the weather didnt Dampen my Spirits :D

Right you are all entitled to your own opinions but just stop and think for a minute
Dont you think that it could be your constant moaning on Vzi
(That a lot of New V dubbers come on to looking for advice etc.)
is contributing to the fact that less & less Air cooled VW's
are turning up each year!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right rant over

Bring on the abuse! :D
Wake up its total bollocks!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
kevinjac said:
Early leaver. Didn't hang around for the week's free camping!! :)

We did RTTS for many years, when it was a small-ish Rod and Custom cruise and Show 'n' Shine and not much entertainment, through the "VW show" years and all the way up to a massive 'festival' at an undersized venue with poor access, oh, and some cars somewhere. They don't even have the cruise that named the event anymore...

Ah, the good ol' days when there were so many cars in the cruise that we filled entire service stations and cars had to park on the hard shoulder.

So, wankers, theft, damage, heavy handed policing, poor weather have all contributed to us no longer going.

My sister lives 30 minutes from Newquay and she can't be arsed to go up for the day anymore - "too many wankers in hot hatches driving like twats" was how she put it. :(

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.