Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please,please,please just shut up will you! ;)

Right i get it that you dont like the fact that there are lots of so called chav's trying to tear around in their 1.0l corsa's :)
And you are probably too old for the loud music (only joking!)

But you and your constant moaning about it is probably putting a lot of new Air cooled Vw owners from going!
Which is giving fuel to your argument that less & less Vw's are present! :crazy:

I have just got back from RTTS (well last night anyway!)
I stayed at Travelgue in a tent!
This was my first time and i nearly didnt go because of all the slagging off i read on Vzi

I glad that i ignored all you winger's :D I have just had the best time ever & met some great people (Mel & Sue in their American spec 1303 Karmann Cab. & Antony in his Blue Flip front Bug!)
I steered clear of the Rave tent as i am too old for that :lol:
But spent 2 nights enjoying the Great Live Bands and fantastic Comedians in the Comedy club!

I enjoyed looking at all the Great cars and laughing at all the crap ones!
I ignored all the chav's that were being arseholes but spoke to some nice ones that were there to enjoy the event and the cars! (just like all of us)
And even the weather didnt Dampen my Spirits :D

Right you are all entitled to your own opinions but just stop and think for a minute
Dont you think that it could be your constant moaning on Vzi
(That a lot of New V dubbers come on to looking for advice etc.)
is contributing to the fact that less & less Air cooled VW's
are turning up each year!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right rant over

Bring on the abuse! :D

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gal said:
Not fussed about the chavs. or the loud music. Are chavs just people who like to modify there own breed of car? novas,corsas,saxos etc etc. basically the same as us, we all enjoy our cars (when they are running) I'm just pissed off that I didn't go!
Yes there are bound to be pricks at the event, there's always 1 or more, but the majority of people who go, are there for the fun and to get together with like minded people
Next year...someone drag me there will ya!!??!!?? :incheek:
You are a bit far away for me to drag you there!
Maybe ill P.m you nearer next years to tell you to get off your arse & go! :D

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
rad dad said:
i went to the 1st rtts and carried on going until 2001, it had changed from its original beginings as a cruise/ car weekend to a more dance music festival with a car show on the side. wasnt for me anymore so dont go now but had many a good time when i did go.

each to there own and i guess you gotta try something at least twice to see if its for you or not, whats cool for one may not be for another. glad you enjoyed it :)

for a good vw event in cornwall you cant beat the cvwoc jamboree :hangloose
Yes i agree, each to their own & you should try everything for yourself to see if it is for you or not.
And like you said 'whats cool for one may not be for another'

but if it is not cool for them why do they have to slag it off on a public forum and maybe put other people off from trying it for themselves? (makes me mad!)

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
gipf said:
Wake up its total bollocks!!!!!!!!!!
I am awake!
Like myself & others have said ' you have to go and decide for yourself if you like it or not'

Just because you think it it Bollocks dosnt mean that myself & anyone else have to stay away from it & not experiance it for ourselves!!

Like i have said i enjoyed it by ignoring the arseholes & just going to the entertainment that i knew i would enjoy! :D
Doing this i had a great weekend :hangloose

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
ginga said:
Early leaver. Didn't hang around for the week's free camping!! :)

We did RTTS for many years, when it was a small-ish Rod and Custom cruise and Show 'n' Shine and not much entertainment, through the "VW show" years and all the way up to a massive 'festival' at an undersized venue with poor access, oh, and some cars somewhere. They don't even have the cruise that named the event anymore...

Ah, the good ol' days when there were so many cars in the cruise that we filled entire service stations and cars had to park on the hard shoulder.

So, wankers, theft, damage, heavy handed policing, poor weather have all contributed to us no longer going.

My sister lives 30 minutes from Newquay and she can't be arsed to go up for the day anymore - "too many wankers in hot hatches driving like twats" was how she put it. :(
Yep i left last night but for safety reasons ;) I was going to be leaving early this morning anyway to miss the traffic!
Unfortunatly i have to be back at work Tommorrow otherwise i would have stayed untill friday!

Wish i was there in the good old days !

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
frizzer said:
I haven't been for the last few years but I wouldn't rule out going again in the future. The first time I went was in '91 and had a great time (despite massive sun burn and getting sick from swallowing something dodgy while surfing!) and then I pretty much went every year until a few years back.
I can see people's arguments that it's changed and all that but from what I've seen on various trips to Newquay (both on RTTS and other times) it's not so much the event as the whole town that's changed over the years. I got chatting to someone in one of the shops when I was there last and she was saying how all the ammenities (cinema, etc.) have started closing down and more nightclubs springing up. Now the older locals don't really go out in the evening as it's all got a bit too much for them.
This is a right shame as the Newquay I remember from years ago was a really laid back and chilled place. Last time I went there was loads of aggro on the streets and a generally menacing atmosphere which put me right off.
As I said, this wasn't on a RTTS weekend, so the change in the show just seems to mirror something that's already happening to the place in general.

My apologies if I've pissed off any Newquay locals, I'm just saying what my mates and I have noticed happening to the place over the years. :group:

Shame really.
:(
I think that you have hit the nail on the head there mate!
Unfortunatley this seems to be happening everywhere so all teenagers have to do, is hang around in groups drinking and causing a menace because there is nowhere else for them to go or do!! :(

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Dub Nest said:
good thread kevin and i totaly agree with what you are saying about people moaning is putting alot of new dubbers off.
i must admit i have had a moan in the past but have now seen the error of my ways ! :D
Why thank you! :D
I am not totally against moaning myself ;)
After all i am moaning about the moaners!!!!!!!! :crazy:

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
benandchris said:
Didn't notice that there was slagging off on here till after RTTS started
When i had decided that i was going to finally go to RTTS this year (after not being able to since i first got my bug 5 years ago)

I searched on Vzi for information about it! all i found was people slagging it off & saying dont go or go but stay somewhere else!
:eek: :(

I read all of this and changed my mind about going! :(
Then i thought bollocks to it i have got to go and find out for myself :)
Bloody glad i did because i had a fucking great time! :D

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Bea said:
Sadly, it seems far easier and more self satisfactory for people to moan about life.

It's seldom that you'll hear how wonderful a show/event is as the pesimist seems to have more keyboard skills than the optimist.

I wonder if that says something about the poster?

To roll out the age old adage, an event is what YOU make it, and the seasoned favourite: you can't please all the people all the time.

What is it about attending a car show (or any other event) that negates you from any responsibility to amuse yourself? Just because you pay an entrance fee, that doesn't mean that you leave all personal responsibility at the gate expecting contentment fulfilment from your host until you leave.

Life's what you make it. Don't rely on anyone to do it for you.
Well said! ;)

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Squirrelsport said:
i stopped going for a valid reason ... i had a lot of damage done to me splitty down there ... some twat hit both mirrors of and another one chucked a water bomb at the front ... only to find out when i got back to the camp site it had stones and paint stripper in !!!
Thats terrible! :(
i wouldnt go again either if that had happened to me or anyone else i knew!
Water pistols were banned from the site this year and i only saw
a couple of young kids throwing water bombs! :rolleyes:
Hope you got your Splitty sorted :hangloose

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
mattherat said:
i dont listen to the moaners, i went once, but got a bit put off by the price, but this year i couldnt go as i had a prior engagement, the weather looked terrible, which is a real shame, but im sure a lot of people had a good time
I agree it is a bit pricey! :( but the price does include all entertainment on site!
(Have i mentioned that the live bands & comedians were great! :D ;) )
And you can also stay there until the following friday for no extra charge! (bloody hell i'm starting to sound like an advert for Trevelgue...........Sorry)
Unfortunately i couldnt due to work commitments :( :rolleyes:

I'm glad you dont listen to the moaners :hangloose

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
antsbug said:
Hey Kev,

Got back from RTTS yesterday. Glad U enjoyed it, and it was good to meet you and Bob.

All I can add to this thread really, is that it is what u make of it. As others have said already. Apart from that, I had an amazing time (apart from the rain :mad: ). Met up with some great people, and had it large in the main arena.

Bring on next year.

P.S. just noticed another thread with piccys on it. Love the 1 of Ants Bug. :D

R U goin to Stonor Park??

Hang Loose my friend :hangloose
Hello Friend
It was really thanks to you and a few others that myself and Bob
enjoyed it so much! :D
I quite like the picture of Ants Bug too! ;)
I am certainly going to try and be at Stonor on Sunday!!
(Depends on Family commitments etc.)
Might see you there! :)

Hangloose :hangloose

Kev

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.