Volkszone Forum banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
antsbug said:
Hey Kev,

Got back from RTTS yesterday. Glad U enjoyed it, and it was good to meet you and Bob.

All I can add to this thread really, is that it is what u make of it. As others have said already. Apart from that, I had an amazing time (apart from the rain :mad: ). Met up with some great people, and had it large in the main arena.

Bring on next year.

P.S. just noticed another thread with piccys on it. Love the 1 of Ants Bug. :D

R U goin to Stonor Park??

Hang Loose my friend :hangloose
Hello Friend
It was really thanks to you and a few others that myself and Bob
enjoyed it so much! :D
I quite like the picture of Ants Bug too! ;)
I am certainly going to try and be at Stonor on Sunday!!
(Depends on Family commitments etc.)
Might see you there! :)

Hangloose :hangloose

Kev

·
Registered
321 Posts
Nice to see that people enjoyed themselves.

This year was the second time ive been to RTTS, as i said elsewhere there were loads more VW's staying on site this year (compared to last year).

the way i see it is, its more of a Dance Party type event, attended by people who are into cars. Not everyones idea of a show but was still good.

I understand the site may be expensive, so people stay close by and go to the show, but if i was staying elsewhere id rather just go another weekend and enjoy cornwall.

see you next year, probably :crazy:

·
Registered
939 Posts
This thread could not be more true!!!!!!!!!

Im 22 and ive been into vw's since i was 17. i had allways heard about the legendary rtts, untill when i got a beetle and all i heard was its shit and full of boy racers, so i have never been. the same goes for bug jam, or as i head...........thug jam. all it is is a load of pussyfarts going "its not how it used to be and" "its full of boy racers" and thats what has put me off. I went to my first bug jam 2 years ago and i fucking loved it and loved it ever since. its the show i eagerly anticipate the most every year. ive been planning it since october last year!!!! Instead of being a bunch of pushovers and simply giving the shows to the chavs, why not turn up in force and take it back off them and make the pricks who do spoil it feel very unwelcome!!! :hangloose

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
To take my re-clame RTTS idea a little further how abou we reclaim cornwall? there was an idea floating around a few years ago in cornwall to block the A30 at the taymar bridge. Next year we could turn back all non VW hot hatches, caravans, 4x4's, tractors, english(well non cornish ones) people with black and white flagsn on their cars ;) it'd be great :D

Dan

·
Registered
7,673 Posts
FDK are staying down all week.

I got txts today, saying they were sat on the beach with sun out and blues skies, and just had scampi and about to have cheesecake.. lucky sods :D

·
Registered
283 Posts
We went for the 3rd year running and stayed at Hendra. We found it much better than Trevelgue and it has the swimming pool which was good for sunday afternoon when it was raining. Apart from having to sleep in the beetle sunday night due to the tent not surviving the wind, we had a great weekend. We'll go next year and join the cruise from reading again. The cruise is always fun.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
SPANGLE said:
To take my re-clame RTTS idea a little further how abou we reclaim cornwall? there was an idea floating around a few years ago in cornwall to block the A30 at the taymar bridge. Next year we could turn back all non VW hot hatches, caravans, 4x4's, tractors, english(well non cornish ones) people with black and white flagsn on their cars ;) it'd be great :D

Dan
if only it would would work, which sadly it would not

·
Registered
46,751 Posts
SPANGLE said:

Dan
the Channel Islands has got it right with caravans... not sure if it's the only place in the world... but they don't allow them :D

41 - 50 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.