Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone out tghere have any top tips. I'm terrified of the dentist, but have an emergency apointment at 12 noon tomorrow, in the mean time I am litterally crawling the walls in agony!! Doesed to the eye balls on pain killers, andbefore you say it getting ratted isn't an option.
Man it hurts!!

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Crush a Paracetamol and try 'push' it into the tooth and around the gum.

I have a small bottle of clove oil for occasions like this but if im out then I crush a paracetamol.

24 hour supermarkets usually have clove oil, not at all nice tasting but does the trick ;)

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
26,458 Posts
Clove oil (as above) mixed with zinc paste and pack the hole.
It'll form a temporary filling that will keep you going for a day or two.

·
Registered
656 Posts
ive been in your place before and i know how much it sucks, i really do. i found putting whiskey on it helped too. i dunno if you know that you can take paracetamol and ibuprofen at the same time, because that does help a little. good luck!

and i was shit scared of the dentist too, until i got it all sorted and now i dont mind at all. face your fear! it helps a hell of alot!

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
try co codimol, chew or let them dissolve a bit around the tooth that hurts, tastes yuk but worth it
clove oil & zinc sounds a good option tho, clove oil tastes disgusting but numbs it considerably
I need to go to the dentist too ;)

ps I've found that :bandit: makes it worse ;)

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Paracetemol and ibuprofen can be taken at the same time as they are different kinds of anelgesic. I've had this reccomended before by a doctor.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
I always just rinse really well with warm salt water, it cleans out the infection therefore removing the pain, works really well with abcesses. It's not instant but it does work

·
Registered
20,445 Posts
The brain has a gating mechanism for pain, it will only allow the most painful pain to get through and you feel it - so put your hand in the vice and squeeze it until it hurts more than the tooth and so you will end up not feeling the tooth. There you are done!!

Not helping much am I?

Coat, door - taxi!!

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
From a pernnial toothache sufferer!

The only thing that works for me (on my one remaining molar which hurts like fuck at the mo.) is Co-codamol. Four tablets fizzed up work a treat. Then wait for the pain to go before you get it pulled else the anaesthetic doesn't work.

Ouch, you have my sympathy!!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks everyone, didn't get any sleep last night, spent most of the time crawled up in a ball, feeling truly pathetic! I've now got an emergency apointment at the hospital 4pm and am crapping myself. so far tried all the above pain relief and nothing is doing the business, roll on four oclock how much worse can it be.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
There's a basic design flaw with teeth, they ought to be like the studs in football boots so you can unscrew em when they're knackered and screw new ones in. Possibility for any entrepreneurs out there- the Dragons in the den 'd be sure to go for it :)

·
Registered
15,060 Posts
How did you get on at the dentist?

I've been suffering with a proper dodgy tooth for a while too. Was in absolute crippling agony a few weeks ago. Co codamol was the closest thing I found to pain relief.

Had it checked out and x-rayed now but had an interview on the morning it was meant to be sorted. Half way through another 2 week wait before it'll be fixed. :smurf:

I have to give credit to my dentists though, they've been fantastic. Not patronising or judging at all. I need a few bits done as I hadn't been to the dentist for 6 years (lost mine when I went to uni) and they have been really good about it. Took me months and months to find a dentist that would take new NHS patients though.

edit: Just realised the irony of my signature! :lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts