Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As it says really, I was about to order a set and thought i'd see if anyone had any good / bad experiences of them? Are they as good as the press blurb claims?

Cheers

Gareth :)

·
Registered
7,021 Posts
I've been thinking about them too gareth.

Haven't really read up on them, but surely they've gotta stop crankcase pressure, and release a couple more horses. :confused:

Maybe someone will help us both out... but have a free bump to the top! :incheek:

·
Highly Respected Member
13,500 Posts
JMR says they perform better in leakdown tests than regular rings. (see his web shop)

Never used them myself though.

Dave.

·
Registered
5,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Noncompusmentis said:
Maybe someone will help us both out... but have a free bump to the top! :incheek:
:D

Cheers dude, and thanks for the cash - stickers will be posted by the end of the week.

I was more worried about any 'side effects' of using them to be honest, especially on a street car.

I think for the sake of £80 I'll give them a try.

Thank you to Mr. Whippy for replying as well :)

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
There was a big debate about these a while ago over on shoptalk forums and opinion was divided - some swear by them,yet quite a few others have switched back following serious problems with them not bedding in properly.If you go for it you should ask about specific running in techniques.

Ade.

·
Registered
5,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ourkid said:
There was a big debate about these a while ago over on shoptalk forums and opinion was divided - some swear by them,yet quite a few others have switched back following serious problems with them not bedding in properly.If you go for it you should ask about specific running in techniques.

Ade.
That's the kind of issue i was worried about, as the gaps are there for a reason.

Also worried about premature wear...

I'll do a search on the Shoptalk forums.

Cheers :)

·
Registered
11,621 Posts
My worries with them would be the lack of lubrication available to the head-side of the cyliners on start up...especially if the car isn't used much. Also how do they allow for heat expanison differences between the pistons and barrels (aluminium alloy pistons and iron alloy barrels?)

·
Superhero
5,653 Posts
i used a full set on my 2276.

not really aware of bedding in problems as such, but I did change the oil control ring for stock on latest rebuild because it had oil in barrel issues. No 2 ring is the important one for good compression as its made in 2 pieces. Works a treat now :)

·
Registered
7,021 Posts
DESIGN7O said:
:D

Cheers dude, and thanks for the cash - stickers will be posted by the end of the week.

I was more worried about any 'side effects' of using them to be honest, especially on a street car.

I think for the sake of £80 I'll give them a try.

Thank you to Mr. Whippy for replying as well :)
No worries!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts