Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know some people will not agree with this but we have brought a 1300 1972 Beetle and sadly have discovered the front end is rot, we have no means or skills to be able to fix the poor thing and have tried in vain to sell but had no luck - it requires so much work!

The engine is good and we are going to take it out and make it into a 1600 for our camper, the rest we were basically going to strip to attempt to recover some of the lost money.

We now think we would like to make a trailer out of the back end but have no idea where to start - can anyone point us in the right direction?

Thanks

·
Registered
68 Posts
i've wnated to do this for ages, not nececerily a beetle but we ddon't have enough space for me to start dismantleing yet another vehicle, especially as i bought another van yesterday!!!!! where abouts in the world are you?? someone may be able to help? i'd guess start by stripping it and then chopping the body work away at the front to see where best to bastardise a draw bar on to!!! :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Disco Dave said:
i've wnated to do this for ages, not nececerily a beetle but we ddon't have enough space for me to start dismantleing yet another vehicle, especially as i bought another van yesterday!!!!! where abouts in the world are you?? someone may be able to help? i'd guess start by stripping it and then chopping the body work away at the front to see where best to bastardise a draw bar on to!!! :)
We are in St Leonards, East Sussex. Really sad that we cannot save the beetle, but quite excited about the possibility of getting some us out of it - just have to get a towbar on the bay ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts