Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I'm new to adjustable beams. I have a type 1 fitted to my squareback. It has a top & bottom adjuster bolts. What do I need to do to raise beam? Do I adjust both top & bottom bolts in or out to raise
Thank you
Dave

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,104 Posts
There are a couple of parts missing in your photo.
The Allen screw in the top position should have an alloy block, and a lock nut.
Camera accessory Surveillance camera Cylinder Gas Auto part

Adjustment is done by slackening that locknut, and the locknut on the bottom Allen screw, then, turning the bottom Allen screw in, raises the ride height.
Once adjusted, re-tighten both locknuts.
There should be another adjuster on the lower beam tube, adjust both at the same time.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Bada Ben,
Thanks for you reply. Yes I removed the alloy block as it appears to have been damaged as the centre part of the curve look like it has a location bit sticking up that goes inside the slot. This would appear to be damaged so I was going to file curve form back removing the damaged bit sticking out. Like this I am unable to adjust height position.
As in the picture you kindly sent it shows the alloy block tightened onto outer beam which makes sense.
Once I have repaired the alloy block I shall adjust the beam on both upper & lower parts of the beam. Only Done a picture of the lower adjuster as you can't see top one
Thank you for you info
Dave

·
Highly Respected Member
2,624 Posts
I didn’t like the quality of the weld either although it’s not easy to see from the photo. It’s important they have good penetration

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Guys,
Thanks for your replies. The squareback will be going into storage & eventually the pan, inner wings/arches along with the running gear will be refurbished.
Yes the welds don't look good. It's been done like this since 2011 but will probably be an air system beam.
I just need to get the car from A to B with the most height I can get
Thanks for all your comments. Safety first(y)
Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts