Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
44,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fed up with rubbish Chinese tyre inflators that fail, leak or have inaccurate gauges, I'm looking to up the budget, or at least try and find one that isn't garbage.

Not looking for an electric plug in one, I'm looking for one that attaches to an airline like below, but decent quality, or at least the next step up from Chinese that actually works and has an accurate gauge.

The one nestling at the bottom of my wheelie bin is exactly like this....

Automotive lighting Headlamp Auto part Bicycle part Fashion accessory

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
I've been trying to decide for ages between this & the digital version
or

Keep telling myself that i'll go over to see them to decide, but haven't yet!

·
Registered
12,311 Posts
While this is here and now Andy is sorted.

Has anyone got any recommendations for a decent 12v plug-in or a chargeable one to leave in the car?
The stock one that came in my Audi, and I think the NB had one too is pretty good. A quick search on ebay for "Audi inflator" brought back loads of results for around £20

·
Premium Member
15,754 Posts
The stock one that came in my Audi, and I think the NB had one too is pretty good. A quick search on ebay for "Audi inflator" brought back loads of results for around £20
I like your thinking.🙂 I'm going past Pimhole this week, I'll see if there's anything in there.

I've a makita 18v cordless one and like it, other companies sell them so if you have cordless tools then consider that as an option.
Just had a look at the De Walt one, it's £120. More than I'm willing to spend for occasional use. Good idea though.

Thanks both.

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
While this is here and now Andy is sorted.

Has anyone got any recommendations for a decent 12v plug-in or a chargeable one to leave in the car?
The factory inflator in my Touareg is amazing - much better than anything aftermarket I have come across - really fast to inflate and all metal construction, worth checking out if you can find one on eBay :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts