Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a refurb'd set of 15 inch wide 5 wheels, they are 4J (4 inch) width. What are the tyre options that people are running? I am thinking 165/65/15 as the wide option and 145/80/15 as the skinny option. I'd be interested to get peoples thoughts.

Thanks

Kevin

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
4J "wide 5" wheels could have come from a Ford Pop - be careful as many of those wheels do not have a bead retainer cast into them.

That was fine with super thick sidewall tyres at a blistering 45mph back in the day, but thinner walled modern tyres and higher speeds.....

If you have 4 J aftermarkets you should have a bead retainer.

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
They look like pop wheels to me - or Barkha - East German minibus/van - quite a few "VW sized" parts fitted those vans including wheels.

As for inner tubes - I wouldn't mix tubes and tubeless tyres - I did it once when warned not to and the tube blew out on the M25. Apparently the insides of tubeless tyres are ribbed and tubes get hot when they rub the insides of tubeless tyres....

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Those are NOT barkas wheels . Barkas wheels are 13" and as far as i know totally different to VW wheels

1 - 6 of 6 Posts