Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right firstly i have a change of plans i.e. selling my van, so am going to buy a puck.

So firstly my single wheel trailer is for sale, it's nearly all there, it is based on an allstate trailer imported from US, with hand made body (ali, and wooden bows), all that needs doing is to polish the body, and make up some brackets for it to fit.

i have a lot of time and money invested in this, but it is a one off in this country. i have the US title for the trailer, and the canvas cover is BMW beige cloth at £80/meter, so that was £225 alone. It has new split bus rear lights, number plate light, tyre/inner tube (spare inner tube), powder coated and shot blasted frame, although i will give you it could deal with painting again. All bolts are supplied and the important ones have been professionally drilled for locking R clips so it will not come loose

See what you think, please do not e mail me with silly offers as i will not reply, ask any questions you like aspark1'aol.com, located in London. once packed down it will fit in te boot of a Punto.

Dims are 1200 long 900 wide 400 deep

·
Registered
8,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep should do you need to run a bracket off the bumper irons, doesn't run off a tow bar as it has 2 points of connection to the vehicle, the wheel pivots and has suspension.

Probably not too good if it is slammed at the back though tbh.

I can send the dims of the width of the towing forks if you need.

check out www.singlewheel.com, there are a few on busses.

·
Registered
12,492 Posts
Red Leader, where did you get the wheel from?

I would,love to get myself a trailer like that, bu thave no money at the moment, but would not mind building a trailer like that.

could you supply me with the name of the supplier of the wheel please?

Thanks

Jack

·
Registered
8,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
walkerdude2001 said:

I would,love to get myself a trailer like that, bu thave no money at the moment, but would not mind building a trailer like that.

Thanks

Jack
Allstate made it in US. I searched for ages to find a caster wheel capable of taking a load and didn't find anything, so had to import one instead.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
walkerdude2001 said:

Thanks

Jack
could try and use and old small frame vespa 8" wheel. (sorry i know its a for sale thread :rolleyes: ) ;)

·
Registered
8,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
58panel said:
could try and use and old small frame vespa 8" wheel. (sorry i know its a for sale thread :rolleyes: ) ;)
True but the whole assembly needs to pivot and has suspension, by the time you fanny about, it will be cheaper to import one that has been broken.

·
Banned
668 Posts
I know I'm 7 months late in responding to this ad but did it sell or is it still available?
:)

·
Registered
192 Posts
just wondring how this stickes up to british laws with it not conecting to the motor through the tow ball all so when you have but the brackets on the bumper bolted at a guess , wot safety bin holds it alltogether ,i have pulled 10 meter power poats on triple axel tralers and when you get pulled over {normally cos they are nosey }by the police they have allways gone over the traler .I know of a few people up hear that have been pulled over to make sure the traler is road legal so i was just wondring how you would stand thanks!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts