Volkszone Forum banner
21 - 40 of 123 Posts
This is going to be awesome! Stunning silver with red interior. You going totally stock I take it? That colour would really suit some 356 replica wheels.

Discussion starter · #25 ·
This is going to be awesome! Stunning silver with red interior. You going totally stock I take it? That colour would really suit some 356 replica wheels.
Yes totally stock,keeping 6 volts etc tho have led bulbs in the semaphores & led rear lights behind original lenses that flash as an indicator so will be a bit safer for myself & daughter to drive & eventually grandaughter as it will be hers long term

Discussion starter · #27 ·
Went over to see my bug this afternoon ,apart from fitting new tyres to my wheels & the bonnet catch which steve wants to do before letting me have it home (wednesday) it's done. Totally blown away with the skills at A-list finishing ltd in Norwich, have turned my poor metal work skills into something beautiful. So pleased with it.

Attachments

Discussion starter · #31 ·
Seeing my little grandaughters face when she got home from school seeing her bug to be in a few years all shiney as she called it was worth all the hours i've spent so far on it.;)

Attachments

Nice one mate. Looks awesome :) Reminds me when I got mine in paint a few years back.
That Polar silver is so classy and looks like gunmetal grey metallics of todays Audi's etc.
Did mine in the other metallic of 56, Firn Blau. Both these metallics are amazing for being 60 years old now ;)

Discussion starter · #35 ·
Started fitting bits in the dash,few switches,ignition,radio etc, hopefully start on fitting the new wiring loom at the weekend. Going to give the bud vase to my little grandaughter to paint her own design on so in years to come when she ends up having the bug she can say she painted that when she was 6 :D

Attachments

Discussion starter · #36 ·
Few more bits on,chrome trims, bumpers,steering column & had a look at the wiring loom.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 123 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.