Volkszone Forum banner
41 - 60 of 123 Posts
Discussion starter · #42 ·
Been getting on with the wiring & temporary tried out the indicators to see if my LED rears & bulbs in front headlights work with the semaphores. Had my best mate my little grandaughter the official owner of the bug help me. ;)

Discussion starter · #48 ·
Got some more wiring done today,have to say been really impressed with the wiring loom,all wires are spot on for length,come out of the loom at the correct places etc. Got the rear lights connected & tested them, horn in & wiring for the headlamps.

Attachments

Discussion starter · #50 ·
Wiring as far as i can get till main fuse box arrives, headlamps in & tested one brighter than the other reflectors arn't great so new ones ordered ,speaker connectors turned up so wired that up & the 6 volt radio worked a treat ,washer bottle in, choke cable in so dash now complete.

Attachments

Discussion starter · #51 ·
Got a bit more done over the christmas break,temporary fitted the seats so i could sort the seat belts too

Attachments

will have led bulbs in the semaphores & led rear lights behind original lenses that flash as an indicator so will be a bit safer for myself & daughter to drive & eventually grandaughter as it will be hers long term
Cracking looking car. You don't by any chance have any wiring photos when you did the rear LED conversion do you? Bought a pair of these from Limebug and the instructions that came with it are terrible and refer to colours of wires that aren't provided with the kit!

Discussion starter · #55 ·
Cracking looking car. You don't by any chance have any wiring photos when you did the rear LED conversion do you? Bought a pair of these from Limebug and the instructions that came with it are terrible and refer to colours of wires that aren't provided with the kit!
Hi mate what colours have you got ? My lights came from Bosswerks he messaged me with my wiring details, if yours are same units/colours it's Black/red wires are brake lights & Grey/white or Grey/red are the tail lights. I used an original wiring diagram for a 56 bug to follow hope this helps mate,any other info/help let me know,no worries

Discussion starter · #58 ·
More progress, i wanted an original bud vase for the bug but prices were silly so bought a ÂŁ20 repro one & gave it to my little grandaughter to put her own design on it. So in years to come when she is driving the bug she can say i painted that when i was 6. That vase to me is now priceless !. She & i love sunflowers & she came round to suprise me with what she had done. A sunflower using her finger & thumb prints,love it loads.

Attachments

Discussion starter · #59 ·
Me & Susy managed to get the front screen in between us & i've finally got the passenger door all finished too. Boot liner in also.

Attachments

Discussion starter · #60 ·
Last two weekends i had a go at putting the headliner in,pretty pleased how it turned out,first time doing one Plus got the rest of the glass in.

Attachments

41 - 60 of 123 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.