Volkszone Forum banner
61 - 80 of 123 Posts
Discussion starter · #63 ·
From Germany, hand made to order, got it through Jake Hilling on facebook,he uses a fella in Germany for all the bug headliners he puts in the bugs he restores. Well pleased with it,fitted well & worked out cheaper than a TMI one. I went for beige cloth type

From Germany, hand made to order, got it through Jake Hilling on facebook,he uses a fella in Germany for all the bug headliners he puts in the bugs he restores. Well pleased with it,fitted well & worked out cheaper than a TMI one. I went for beige cloth type
Bummer! Wasn't aware of Jake Hilling. I just ordered a TMI one form the US. Cant believe how expensive they are! You've done a sterling job ;)

Discussion starter · #67 ·
Bummer! Wasn't aware of Jake Hilling. I just ordered a TMI one form the US. Cant believe how expensive they are! You've done a sterling job ;)
I looked at the TMI ones but thought by time it got here it would be a lot of money so i stuck a post up on facebook asking if anyone knew where i could get one & Jake commented he was ordering a couple from Germany & if i wanted one he would order 3.
Don't know how much the TMI ones work out in total but mine was ÂŁ420 ,a lot for a 6 pieces of cloth but fitted perfect couldn't fault it.

I looked at the TMI ones but thought by time it got here it would be a lot of money so i stuck a post up on facebook asking if anyone knew where i could get one & Jake commented he was ordering a couple from Germany & if i wanted one he would order 3.
Don't know how much the TMI ones work out in total but mine was ÂŁ420 ,a lot for a 6 pieces of cloth but fitted perfect couldn't fault it.
Ok I don't feel quite so bad now as mine was ÂŁ438 through Heritage. As you say it's a lot of dollar for a small amount of material!

That's awesome dude :)

I assume behind the woolcloth headliner is the same felt as on the roof section? I so prefer the felt compared to foam. Gives a much softer finish to the liner over the top of it compared to foam.

Was it proper wool cloth too. If so then it's not something of mass use compared to vinyl so hence the price but either way it turned out lovely.
Oh, and the fibre board strip around the edge of the centre section is a somewhat specialty item these days too. I'd have to buy a 100M roll if I was to make my own.

Top job though man :)

Discussion starter · #70 ·
That's awesome dude :)

I assume behind the woolcloth headliner is the same felt as on the roof section? I so prefer the felt compared to foam. Gives a much softer finish to the liner over the top of it compared to foam.

Was it proper wool cloth too. If so then it's not something of mass use compared to vinyl so hence the price but either way it turned out lovely.
Oh, and the fibre board strip around the edge of the centre section is a somewhat specialty item these days too. I'd have to buy a 100M roll if I was to make my own.

Top job though man :)
Thanks mate, it was more of just cloth type rather than woolcloth,soft to touch tho. Yes used same underfelt as roof :)

:cool:Awesome, what a car! I'm not a big fan of whitewalls, but they work so well on that with colour scheme:cool:

Unfortuneatly it's not the original engine to the car but it is an early 56 1200 that i found so least right year & bug is Jan 56
Cool :)

Be careful with the rod bearings. I bought direct from Wolfsburg West and they were too loose on the crank journal. The machine shop managed to find one of the last set of a local quality brand. Big end of the rods also needed resizing as had ovaled.

So just a few things I found when rebuilding my 36er ;)

oh, and exhaust valve guides were flogged out too so entire heads got rebuild but I did get 3 angle valve seats for free ;)

61 - 80 of 123 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.