Volkszone Forum banner

UK 56 bug

17K views 122 replies 21 participants last post by  kevsplitty 
#1 ·
I bought this just over two years ago & started the resto just over a year ago. In march we had lockdown so managed 7 weeks solid on it to get it ready for the paint shop which is where it is at the moment. Plan is to keep it stock, 6 volts etc & for myself & daughter to use then eventually will be my grandaughters when she's old enough. Done everything myself,being a chippy it's not been easy but learning as i go. I got it best i could before it went to paint,a few things the guys have re-done body work wise as my skills were limited :lol: Hopefully back in a couple of weeks but it's looking awesome. The guys painting it are excellent. A few pics of how it's been going along.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
My little grandaughter loves to help me ,it will be hers eventually :D

Attachments

#5 · (Edited)
Got these pics yesterday :D Original colour Polar Silver

Attachments

#7 ·
More bits done, going back on floorpan monday so home soon :D

Attachments

#17 ·
result :) and looking good

what are the plans for the interior ?
I'm using original interior,bit worn but still ok , seats ,door panels etc. Not got carpet or headliner so will have to probably have new when i can afford it :lol:

Attachments

#14 ·
And what a lucky girl! That'll be worth a hell of a lot more than the typical brand new lease/pcp car that so many first drivers seem to have now.

Looks brilliant, you must be very proud.

#25 ·
Yes totally stock,keeping 6 volts etc tho have led bulbs in the semaphores & led rear lights behind original lenses that flash as an indicator so will be a bit safer for myself & daughter to drive & eventually grandaughter as it will be hers long term

#27 ·
Went over to see my bug this afternoon ,apart from fitting new tyres to my wheels & the bonnet catch which steve wants to do before letting me have it home (wednesday) it's done. Totally blown away with the skills at A-list finishing ltd in Norwich, have turned my poor metal work skills into something beautiful. So pleased with it.

Attachments

#31 ·
Seeing my little grandaughters face when she got home from school seeing her bug to be in a few years all shiney as she called it was worth all the hours i've spent so far on it.;)

Attachments

#33 ·
Nice one mate. Looks awesome :) Reminds me when I got mine in paint a few years back.
That Polar silver is so classy and looks like gunmetal grey metallics of todays Audi's etc.
Did mine in the other metallic of 56, Firn Blau. Both these metallics are amazing for being 60 years old now ;)

#35 ·
Started fitting bits in the dash,few switches,ignition,radio etc, hopefully start on fitting the new wiring loom at the weekend. Going to give the bud vase to my little grandaughter to paint her own design on so in years to come when she ends up having the bug she can say she painted that when she was 6 :D

Attachments

#36 ·
Few more bits on,chrome trims, bumpers,steering column & had a look at the wiring loom.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.