Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Beardy, all year round.
4,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just been told that I can't go to a gathering with my girlfriend because i am not family.

Not family ?

What the fuck ?

I am travelling down and putting myself out to go meet people in an enviroment that at the end of the day i am not comfortable in.

So, I get the news today that we are meeting on Sunday and not the saturday as planned and wondered what the hell as going on....

Well it turns out that because we are not "married" or family that I am not invited due to one person archaic attitude.

Sorry, I do not expect any supportive comments or advice, just had to vent it somewhere.....

How can people reject someone when they haven't even met them ? :mad:

·
Registered
5,374 Posts
ragtop59 said:
They're obviously not worth meeting, wouldn't worry about it
:hangloose
Ditto - saves you the hassle of fucking them off when you realise you don't like them. :D

And at least you get lots of brownie points for being willing to go in the first place ;)

·
Registered
7,392 Posts
thats so harsh hun!!! :hug:

if i was ya partner i wouldnt go if you were'nt invited!!!!

some people have got such out dated veiws its untrue, me and impyed bin liven together at my mum and dads for a year, (sleeping in the same bed|) went to stay with his family in london for the weekend and he had to sleep with his bro!!!!...he wasn't happy!!!

·
Registered
34,511 Posts
Turn up and make it really awkward for them...being an unwanted guest is a buzz :)

I presume your missus isn`t going to bother going?

·
Registered
46,359 Posts
Tell them you understand but are puzzled how they found out about the drug dealing, prison sentence and VD.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Sounds familiar, had this a few years ago.

I stamped my feet until I got an invite..... Then when I went along - I realised I hated all of them. :D

Tricky one though, not fair on you mate.

·
Beardy, all year round.
4,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Shouldn't have really put this up on here as it's bit personal and close to the bone, but i feel like a social leper, a rejected nearly divorced interloper from up north.

I feel dissapointed and in turn angry at the situation it has now put a lot of other people in due to one person's (shitty) attitude.

To anyone else who thinks along the same lines as the above then i truly feel sorry for you.

·
Registered
18,795 Posts
what does your girlfriend say about it

you could always go anyway :crazy:

what kind of madcap family is that

on the other hand i wish sometime i was not invited to my family gatherings, when my sister ot married i went off to the red sea scuba diving

now the other ones thinking about it, i feel another dive trip coming on

·
Registered
10,752 Posts
rubbachicken said:
what does your girlfriend say about it

I have plenty to say about it, just not on a public forum.

All I will say is you can't choose your family, more's the pity, cos I'd disown some of them at the drop of a hat

·
Registered
34,511 Posts
jennybugs said:
I have plenty to say about it, just not on a public forum.

All I will say is you can't choose your family, more's the pity, cos I'd disown some of them at the drop of a hat
:eek:
I didn`t know you were an item....suprised i never put my big foot in it!

1 - 20 of 66 Posts