Volkszone Forum banner

Would you buy off a trader that doesnt give back to VZi (unauthorsed trader)

• I would buy off them still as I dont care

Votes: 11 29.7%
  • I wont buy off them as I think they should give something back in return for trading

Votes: 26 70.3%
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after reading Brians comments about 'unauthorised traders' on here basically taking and not putting anything back into VZi I wondered how others felt about trading with them.

I personally feel that if you get something out then put something back.

What do you feel

·
Registered
16,703 Posts
Depends what they are selling :lol:

Maybe they are scared of being called ghey? You know, you're only ghey if you push back... Give back, push back, sound very similar. Maybe they are just takers and not givers? :D

·
I really must get out more
5,833 Posts
I agree...but to be honest I just havn't got around to doing the support thing yet..I will though as we're gona do some shows this year as traders and just feel it's the right thing to do. If we're gona make some money out of the VW scene then we're gona support it.

·
Registered
10,484 Posts
How do you define "putting something back"? How much is enough?

·
Registered
13,068 Posts
to be fair - if someone's running it as their livelihood or business, then the amount they 'give back' has to be carefully measured against what they make from it.

However, i don't agree with the free use of a facility provided without a reasonable contribution towards its upkeep.

i like to give people the benefit of the doubt, though - and I always assume that if someone hasn't done something, it's not a 'deliberate' thing - just a case of 'not getting round to it'

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its still free for people who are just selling the 'crap' out of their sheds etc. which is cool, most of those sellers are also member sponsors as they realise that without keeping this site going then they would have to pay the going rate from the big commercial selling online selling sites

I am sure there are rules on what a trader is expected to do. Ebay and Autotrader have them for anyone wanting to sell, be they private or businesses. If we want to use them we follow their rules and pay their prices.

I think the same should happen here. People who dont like it then ebay is still there for them.

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i like to give people the benefit of the doubt, though - and I always assume that if someone hasn't done something, it's not a 'deliberate' thing - just a case of 'not getting round to it'
Yeah we can all be like that but if people get several reminders then still do nothing........well you can make you own minds up on that one.

·
Registered
19,818 Posts
to be fair - if someone's running it as their livelihood or business, then the amount they 'give back' has to be carefully measured against what they make from it.

However, i don't agree with the free use of a facility provided without a reasonable contribution towards its upkeep.

"Not getting round to it" is a piss poor excuse. It only takes 2 minutes to do a paypal or direct bank transfer. Even when I was on the dole and completely broke I still managed to put a little something into the pot so there's no excuse for traders to not do it.

·
Registered
19,818 Posts
i agree, traders should pay the going rate to use the forum to sell. users shouldn't

be it £1 or £100 it's their business at end of the day
But how do you sort out the traders from the users?

If it was up to me, I'd not let anyone start a for sale thread unless they were a member sponsor. That would stop a lot of "unauthorised traders" from taking the piss.

·
Registered
13,068 Posts
Yeah we can all be like that but if people get several reminders then still do nothing........well you can make you own minds up on that one.
in the recent example, i have to say i think 'pisstaker' being as he's been warned a few times... and deserves it ;)

to be honest, though - i'm pretty sure "unauthorised trader" tags wouldn't be given without due cause in any case

·
Registered
3,440 Posts

that's the hard part :lol: some traders are far easier to spot than others i guess. and then you have people selling lots just for beer money, i guess that's another issue, are they users or dealers. hold on that was your question :lol:

·
Bless you, motherfuckers
25,652 Posts
How much is enough?
Thats down to the 'trader' and their conscience... some feel that they have made some sales due to posting on here and made a reasonable contribution to the forum (some may sell cars, some parts, what they both make may be wildly different, so the contribution can be as well), some stick in a few quid as they feel they are being made to almost under duress...

Both have contributed to the running of the forum, one recognises the potential of a 40,000+ captive market and probably uses the forum to their advantage, the other has done it just to 'stop Brian moaning at them'.... BUT they are both supporting the forum. Authorised traders get cut much more slack in the classifieds forums than those that aren't...

How much a trader contributes is between them and Brian...

·
Registered
16,814 Posts
I don't think that I would buy from an unauthorised trader on VZI.
This site has a great way of sorting the wheat from the chaff...If someone was upto dodgy dealings I believe that VZI would not even consider letting them become a trader...no matter how much money they'd be offering for advertising.Becoming an approved trader on here is the equivalent to a stamp of approval....that's the way I see it.

And lets face it...how else would someone selling vw parts reach their target audience in such a fast and cost effective way?

It's a no brainer really.

·
Registered
15,729 Posts
Throwing money in the pot isn't a stamp of approval though.
I does mean they're doing the right thing. It doesn't stop them selling shonky goods.

·
Bless you, motherfuckers
25,652 Posts

If it was up to me, I'd not let anyone start a for sale thread unless they were a member sponsor. That would stop a lot of "unauthorised traders" from taking the piss.
We don't want to force people to become Member Sponsors... we'd like to think they appreciate the forum enough to become a Sponsor.

The mods are very good at spotting chancers... so are the users... you'd be surprised how many trade posts are reported. A 'suspect' trader will usually have their posting history looked into... if it looks like they are just clearing the garage then nothing is done... if they are clearing alot of garages, and spending all their time in Classifieds, they will usually get a PM from Brian asking them if they would like to contribute. Most who don't want to pay will claim they are just doing it as a sideline for beer money, but that is still 'trading'.

·
Registered
34,511 Posts
I don't think that I would buy from an unauthorised trader on VZI.
This site has a great way of sorting the wheat from the chaff...If someone was upto dodgy dealings I believe that VZI would not even consider letting them become a trader...no matter how much money they'd be offering for advertising.Becoming an approved trader on here is the equivalent to a stamp of approval....that's the way I see it.
Not sure that's the case really because if anything went tits up it would be a difficult situation for VZi if it's seen to pimp them and they turn out to be chancers. It's advertising revenue, that's all...just like Volksword magazine or UltraVW.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts