Volkszone Forum banner

Urgent Wheel Advice Required.

432 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  KenDoddsDadsDog 
#1 ·
Have finished detailing my 4 lug sprinstars. Just took them down to have the tyres put on and the garage says that the valve holes are too weak to put the tyres on.

I have enquired about getting some inner tubes for the tyres (145x15x65) but does anyone know of any oversized valves or other ways around the problem.

I dont really want to have the wheel patched as I have only just finished the detailing. :mad:

#2 ·
too weak, what the sammy jack jones does that mean?
sprintstars are a steel wheel. unless the valve holes are corroded or something, i'd try another tyre garage.
you can get the bolt up metal valves though too as apposed to the pop through standard rubber ones. not sure where you can get em though, maybe somewhere like demon tweeks would be a start?

#3 ·
doobyscoo said:
too weak, what the sammy jack jones does that mean?
sprintstars are a steel wheel. unless the valve holes are corroded or something, i'd try another tyre garage.
you can get the bolt up metal valves though too as apposed to the pop through standard rubber ones. not sure where you can get em though, maybe somewhere like demon tweeks would be a start?
Slight corrosion on the rear of the valve hole does not allow a good air tight seal.

Problem solved though... Just got some inner tubes from Etyres in the exact size for a tenner.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.