Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
26,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if it is possible to get good looking USA style plates that are borderline legal rather than completely illegal?

Got to get some proper ones put on for Lola's MoT but, given she's a US export model, it'd be nice to have a suitably styled plate for general use without getting pulled by the rozzers.

·
26,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great! Cheers.

Hopefully if I get some white on black made up the chances of being pulled will be less.

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
shane r said:
First I was running this...

and got busted-£30 fine.

Now I got this...

my actual reg!

Shane
You're lucky, running incorrect number plates is covered by anti-terrorism law with a maximum penalty of 2 years in jail!

·
Registered
34,377 Posts
shane r said:
Why, from the State of California of course. I got me connections!

Shane
Ah-a homeboy in the San Quentin penitentiary knock them up for cash?

:D

·
Registered
15,754 Posts
ginga said:
You're lucky, running incorrect number plates is covered by anti-terrorism law with a maximum penalty of 2 years in jail!
Been down this road before in many threads.

As Long as I'm insured, registered, MoT'd and have a valid driving licence, the only applicable law is 'displaying an incorrect registration'. Went through it all with the PO-Leece a few months ago. £30 fine.

Of course, my Cali plate is STILL illegal, even though I'm displaying the correct reg. I kept my ticket and if I get pulled again will say 'I asked the cop last time and he told me to get THIS plate'. I also keep an american-shaped one like on the split above tucked up in the back in case of emergency. What we go through for a little coolness.

Shane

·
26,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cheers all!

I've ordered some whit eon black from Restowagen. Instead of the state name at the top they say "DE VYNEL". How vain am I? :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts