Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a spare dizzy here i was thinking of trying cause I've got a few running problems.
This dizzy is a Bosch JI UR, 0 231 167 049, 113 905 205 AJ.

Problem i have is this dizzy has a different vac unit fitted ! On the outside of the vac unit there is a take off pipe which would connect to the carb as norm, But in the inside of the unit there is also a take off pipe which i haven't seen before ? Is this some sort of return ?

·
Registered
626 Posts
its a dual vacuum dizzy, the 2nd port retards the timing at idle to reduce emissions. its connected to the port on the back of the carb or the one on side of the manifold. you can leave it off and set it like you would for a single vac one. if you connect it it might cause stalling or hesitation. you can change the can for a single vac one, but may need to drill new holes in the can as the holes in the dizzy are slightly different. other than that its a good dizzy similar to the single vac one.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its a dual vacuum dizzy, the 2nd port retards the timing at idle to reduce emissions. its connected to the port on the back of the carb or the one on side of the manifold. you can leave it off and set it like you would for a single vac one. if you connect it it might cause stalling or hesitation. you can change the can for a single vac one, but may need to drill new holes in the can as the holes in the dizzy are slightly different. other than that its a good dizzy similar to the single vac one.
Thanks for the info

·
Tech Guru/Mr VZi '06
41,834 Posts
I'd recommend you don't use that distributor, or fit it with a new vac can, until you've tested the dwell reading across the rev range. If the dwell reads constant (unlikley) at all revs then fit a later vac can with the same fitting screw hole pattern (can't remember the part number) and advance the ign to 7.5° BTDC

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I'd recommend you don't use that distributor, or fit it with a new vac can, until you've tested the dwell reading across the rev range. If the dwell reads constant (unlikley) at all revs then fit a later vac can with the same fitting screw hole pattern (can't remember the part number) and advance the ign to 7.5° BTDC
Thanks Moby ;)
Ps I've fitted a different 009 dizzy just to get me back home. I should have a good vac one by next week.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.