Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why dont people ever indicate at roundabouts its really annoyying when your waitting for a gap to get out and the vehicles on your left just turn of at the slip road your waiting at i cound ave been out on to the round about if i pull out in front of them they would be annoyed. Also drivers driving at 40 - 50 mph on a motorway i as a hgv driver should not have to overtake cars!!!!!!! it means i have to pull out and slow the middle lane down to causing traffic jams.

Anyway thats what annoys me on the roads what annoys you???????

·
Registered
21,202 Posts
Bus drivers that indicate like they're about to pull into the junction you're trying to get out of then they don't! :mad:

Cost me a wing, bumper and front grill on my daily BMW 320i that did :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you cant drive at the speed limits you shouldnt be on the roads unless you vehicles that wnt do that speed like classic vehicles and it is understand able. lol. :hangloose:

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
campamansi said:
Also drivers driving at 40 - 50 mph on a motorway i as a hgv driver should not have to overtake cars!!!!!!! it means i have to pull out and slow the middle lane down to causing traffic jams.
Likewise. It's getting worse I think. :(

·
Registered
11,610 Posts
Easy -

1) Indicating right in the left hand lane at roundabouts, and then going straight over and indicating right at the last minute! There are actually people who swear blind this is correct - doh!

2) Actually going right in the left hand lane at roundabouts and therefore attempting to drive through my car going straight over in the right hand lane.

3) As you say, not indicating at roundabouts - surely these morons must also get p#ssed off with other people doing it to them, don't they ever get the connection that they must be annoying f#ckers too then!

4) Tailgating.

5) On the mobile (yah, yah, yah darling, definately want the haddock for tea tonight, yah, yah, very important conversation, yah, yah - 'crash'!

6) Being run off the road by white van man for having the audacity to use the outside lane instead of joining a pointless very long queue in the left hand lane.

7) Foglights, no fog, other than in the drivers head.

8) Traffic lights on roundabouts - what the f#ck for!

Other than that, nothing really.

·
Registered
25,882 Posts
don't even get me started on idicators.

my road rage screaming phrase of the year is:

"oooooh you'd think that on a big expensive car like that they'd include INDICATORS!!!!!"

·
The Dreaded One
11,879 Posts
How about what if its clearly mark left lane is straight over so someone in the RH lane decides at last second they want to drive thru you to go in your lane, then give you the finger?

He's lucky he can still raise his finger.. let alone drive..

·
Registered
14,065 Posts
try living in Milton Keynes... not only is the place full of roundabouts, the majority of drivers don't know how to drive them! you would think they would have learnt by now...

·
Registered
739 Posts
What I hate is when an hgv tries to overtake at 60mph, when the other hgv is doing 59.5 ish .... whats the point in holding up all the traffic to gain a few feet!

·
Registered
782 Posts
campamansi said:
Also drivers driving at 40 - 50 mph on a motorway i as a hgv driver should not have to overtake cars!!!!!!! it means i have to pull out and slow the middle lane down to causing traffic jams.

Anyway thats what annoys me on the roads what annoys you???????
Being a HGV driver myself , over taking 6 month old cars that could do 155 mph ( the big merc`s adn BM`s ? ) in a 44 tonne truck :mad: It`s a little disappointing .
Being a motorcyclist also , people that don't look before manoeuvring if changing lanes or pulling out of junctions :mad: makes me want to sell it while I still have the use of my limbs :rolleyes:

·
Registered
782 Posts
mat_at_home said:
What I hate is when an hgv tries to overtake at 60mph, when the other hgv is doing 59.5 ish .... whats the point in holding up all the traffic to gain a few feet!
Not a fan of that either , I always back off a little to let them overtake meaning they are in the middle lane for thirty seconds rather than 30 mins :incheek:

·
Registered
739 Posts
There are some good motorbike riders out there, and then there are the ones that come up the inside of my camper, and think that I can see them undertaking me!!!! Nutters!!

·
Registered
21,202 Posts
asw75r said:
Being a motorcyclist also , people that don't look before manoeuvring if changing lanes or pulling out of junctions :mad: makes me want to sell it while I still have the use of my limbs :rolleyes:
I think everyone should be made to be a passenger on a Motorbike through heavy traffic at least once in their life and almost get side-swiped by a Merc. It's amazing how much you'll look out for Motorcyclists then!

(speaking from experience)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Ticks all the boxes

kvwloon said:
Easy -

1) Indicating right in the left hand lane at roundabouts, and then going straight over and indicating right at the last minute! There are actually people who swear blind this is correct - doh!

2) Actually going right in the left hand lane at roundabouts and therefore attempting to drive through my car going straight over in the right hand lane.

3) As you say, not indicating at roundabouts - surely these morons must also get p#ssed off with other people doing it to them, don't they ever get the connection that they must be annoying f#ckers too then!

4) Tailgating.

5) On the mobile (yah, yah, yah darling, definately want the haddock for tea tonight, yah, yah, very important conversation, yah, yah - 'crash'!

6) Being run off the road by white van man for having the audacity to use the outside lane instead of joining a pointless very long queue in the left hand lane.

7) Foglights, no fog, other than in the drivers head.

8) Traffic lights on roundabouts - what the f#ck for!

Other than that, nothing really.
Yep just about sums it up for me too, and I do on average 30k miles a year, I'm just under the impression most folk are too damn lazy these days.

J

·
Registered
607 Posts
Anyone else hate people that start to accelerate really hard when you go to overtake them?

Popular scottish central belt trick appears to be driving slowly in the outside lane (55mphish) on the offchance that you might come across a truck doing 45mph in the next 2-3 miles.... then pulling off at the next junction without actually having passed any other vehicles.

Driving up the central reservation when there's two lanes of traffic queue then expecting people to let you back in......

Tourists - if you want to look at the view, pull over and stop driving down the wrong side of the road....

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
If this winds you up, all ll I can say is.............don't come to Spain :D

It is correct protocol in Spain to not indicate on a roundabout until you are reach your exit. This means if you are turning left (remember we go around them the other way) you don't indicate left at all when on the roundabout, only indicate right when approaching your exit!!!

Of course not everyone does this so it means you have the 'is he or isn't he' scenario which leads to huge queues at roundabouts :crazy:

Its amazing the amount of drivers that think its fine to go 270∫ around a roundabout in the outside lane aswell :crazy:

·
Registered
62 Posts
1) People who are ignorant and don't say thanks when you let them out of a junction/turn right/let them through etc. There's no excuse for bad manners.

2) People who hog the middle lane or outside lane of a motorway when they could be on the inside lane. The traffic would move a whole lot better if people just thought about it. It's not a toughie, if you're on the motorway and you're not actually overtaking anyone then move to an inside lane. This obviously doesn't count when you're actually in the inside lane. :D

3) Coming up slip roads from the motorway when there's clearly a big white arrow on the inside lane only that shows which lane you need to be in to turn first left, and then they're on the other lane and yup, they turn left and shout at you ! :rolleyes: I think this has already been mentioned.

......nothing bothers me really. :incheek:

As my old man said to me, drive like everyone's an idiot and you'll be ok. :hangloose

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Imagine paying £60,000 for that merc, bmw, aston, saab, oh and of course the twats in Mondeos and find that the f***ing indicators don't work at all. Gutted!

And drivers who are doing 300mph in the outside lane then cut across three lanes of traffic, pull in right in front of you then jam on their all disc braking system thinking I can f***ing stop that quick too! :mad: :mad: :mad:

There is more but I gotta go get my pills!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts