Volkszone Forum banner
1201 - 1217 of 1217 Posts

·
Saddest VZi'er 2017
11,318 Posts
I picked up some interesting finds in the local antiques emporium.
The little space shuttle has opening cargo doors and retractable wheels. The refreshments trailer was a little more than my usual budget, at £3, but I couldn't leave it. It's probably the coolest thing I have found in a while. They had quite a long production run, but I've never seen one before.
The little Porsche was a bonus.
Nice finds - I recall having a Corgi Space Shuttle as a kid, but not with the load inside.I probably got it 2nd hand like most of my cars though.
That Porsche is a completely new one on me, never even seen the brand before and I have some very oddball cars in my collection.

·
Premium Member
4,858 Posts
Some nice bits there especially that blue Corgi Rambler Marlin with the kayak on the roof. Came with a trailer too originally, pretty unusual as only that set had the car in blue, most were red.
I see the dreaded paper price tags are in evidence, which means inflated prices.
Unfortunately, other than the vehicles in the 1st 2 pix i posted, the rest were behind glass. Otherwise i would have taken a lot more.
I go there every couple of months so I'll see whats there next time.

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Some great stuff there, I’m not up on prices but the chatty Chittagong bang bang seems reasonable. The chip van is class saw one before think the guy rotates when you turn the sign on toof

Reactions: Hoosier

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Just saw my post 🤦‍♂️ Have only recently started to post from new phone 🤣autocorrect didn’t like chitty chitty bang bang

Reactions: Hoosier

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
What age is that? Looks minty mint

·
Saddest VZi'er 2017
11,318 Posts
It's 1960's I believe although I can't find an exact date. It says "Made in the British Crown Colony of Hong Kong" on the box, I had hoped this would help date it as that seems quite an outdated way of saying things!

·
Registered
703 Posts
I picked up some interesting finds today in my local antiques emporium. I spotted the corgi rockets Aston with no price on it, in a junk box, but the chap knew what it was. He wanted £3 but I haggled him to £2 as I also bought the superking Muira, and the corvette from him. £4 all in, everyone's happy.
The vette is another new one on me. Ultimately it's by lone Star, but it's also branded Impy, and it's referred to as a Gran Turismo. I guess they had licensing issues with Chevrolet.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Saddest VZi'er 2017
11,318 Posts
Impy was used by Lone star in the same way Matchbox used Superfast or Corgi Whizzwheels. The earlier Lone Stars are really nice with good detail, later, along with most toy car makers at the time, they cut costs by sealing up opening parts and using heavily smoked glass to disguise the lack of an interior. I think of them like Matchbox Super GTs or the 80's Corgi Juniors that were very basic.

The green Turismo (as you say, actually about a '64 Corvette) is fairly common especially in that green, I bought these three a few years as a lot - however Lone Star loved changing the colour of plastic parts so you have a blue interior and I have one white/two red

20200321_161447 by RS, on Flickr

Being tatty is as good an excuse as I need to tart one up a bit

Lone Star Impy Gran Tourismo custom by RS, on Flickr
Lone Star Impy Gran Tourismo custom by RS, on Flickr

I was also lucky enough to find one of the later ones with no opening parts, still boxed recently, along with several others

20211213_152108 by RS, on Flickr

It's definitely worth keeping an eye out for Lone Star especially the earlier ones, some are quite in demand, especially the 23 window split and Rolls Royce models

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
I think I have a lone star taxi boxed, would have got it in the 80s but very common. I had a cracker 1/24 scale politic one too, sadly got wrecked although I think I still have the shell somewhere
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Mode of transport

·
Registered
703 Posts
I picked up these two in a flea market in Worthing. Matchbox Formula 5000 and a Matchbox 'team matchbox'.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

1201 - 1217 of 1217 Posts