Volkszone Forum banner
1261 - 1280 of 1367 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
And finally, I really thought I'd found buried treasure when I spotted battered spectraflame paint at the bottom of a 20p box at a boot sale. Sadly not a sweet sixteen, but still cool, if totally shot. Jet Threat from 1971, with the opening engine flap. They sealed it after this. Most of the wheels and the canopy missing. It's worth more than 20p, but not much.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,774 Posts
Right, I haven't updated in a while, so here are the latest acquisitions. Either boot sale or from our local antiques emporium. Nothing over a pound. BP truck sadly not worth 9 grand!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
I like the 911. I've got a few others in different colours but not that one.
Got quite a few of the matchbox versions too.

·
Saddest VZi'er 2017
11,477 Posts
Right, I haven't updated in a while, so here are the latest acquisitions.
a super treasure hunt from 2002.
Sadly not a sweet sixteen, but still cool, if totally shot. Jet Threat from 1971
Some nice bits and bobs there, the Majorette HiLux is nice as most of them have the 4x4 base with huge wheels.
Tail Dragger T/H is a good find, and I never leave a Redline behind if I see one, no matter how bad they are;

Hot Wheels Custom Fleetside by RS, on Flickr
20211230_134634 by RS, on Flickr
Hot Wheels Custom Mustang by RS, on Flickr
Hot Wheels The Hood by RS, on Flickr
Hot Wheels Lola GT70 by RS, on Flickr
Hot Wheels The Heavyweights Cement Mixer by RS, on Flickr

That last one I found at the weekend, a Heavyweights that was a cement mixer originally

·
Saddest VZi'er 2017
11,477 Posts
I like the 911. I've got a few others in different colours but not that one.
Corgi Juniors are an oddity. They always seem a bit basic to me compared to the equivalent Matchbox etc, but my goodness Corgi knew how to keep collectors busy with different paint/interior colours to find. I had a count the other day and I have at least 10 of many of the more common ones like Rover SD1, Sierra and Volvo 240. Think I had 13 of 14 of the Buick Regal and I know there are more.
Anyway, the Carrera. I also don't have the green one, but I do have these

20220121_092633 by RS, on Flickr
20210128_151632 by RS, on Flickr
20200318_172459 by RS, on Flickr
20210315_160410 by RS, on Flickr
Corgi Porsche Carrera by RS, on Flickr
20190403_113750 by RS, on Flickr

This one's interesting - after Corgi was bought out, several castings were released as Hot Wheels including this one

Hot Wheels Porsche Carrera (Corgi casting) by RS, on Flickr

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Yeah looks like a corgi ok, I remember having a garage set from Bhi or somewhere that had 4 cars and a transit tow truck, all corgi but none had corgi on them. Let me kids play with the garages a while back 🤦‍♂️ Mistake

·
Saddest VZi'er 2017
11,477 Posts
Charity shop find today. A very beat up TR7. It's unbranded but looks like a corgi junior casting maybe. I think a PO tried to sand off the paint by rubbing it on concrete
Yeah looks like a corgi ok, I remember having a garage set from Bhi or somewhere that had 4 cars and a transit tow truck, all corgi but none had corgi on them. Let me kids play with the garages a while back 🤦‍♂️ Mistake
Apparently Corgi sold lots of their moulds, then acquired them back at a later date, whoever was using them removed the Corgi lettering from the bases, Corgi didn't bother putting it back. The TR7 is a Corgi Junior, I bought a Mustang today that shows just Made in China but is a Corgi

20220501_134246 by RS, on Flickr
20220501_134306 by RS, on Flickr

Whether it was made by Corgi or whoever bought the moulds is hard to say...

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,277 ·
Very nice, don't recognise the 2CV? Is the Barracuda a Sabra? Can't ID the coach either, help!
I thought you were an expert lol.. yes they are not your usual makes...

Barracuda is made by Gamda Koor

Bus and Renault are plastic and made by Norev

Mark X Jaguar is made by Road Masters

The Citreon has a plastic body but diecast chassis and is made by Champion

·
Saddest VZi'er 2017
11,477 Posts
I thought you were an expert lol.. yes they are not your usual makes...

Barracuda is made by Gamda Koor

Bus and Renault are plastic and made by Norev

Mark X Jaguar is made by Road Masters

The Citreon has a plastic body but diecast chassis and is made by Champion
Well I was right on the Barracuda at least, Sabra and Gamda Koor are the same company.
Norev, I like their stuff but only found a few of the plastic cars, Porsche 356 among them. Nice finds.
The Champion 2CV is definitely unusual

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Have a few notebooks in 143 scale, mk1 fiesta and r4 van, have a ren20 too that I think is plastic, mint and boxed. I remember being disappointed after bought it lol.

1261 - 1280 of 1367 Posts