Volkszone Forum banner
1341 - 1360 of 1367 Posts

·
Registered
12,770 Posts
Found some old catalogues this afternoon.
Corgi one from 1981.
Rectangle Font Motor vehicle Gas Automotive exterior

1987 and 88 Matchbox catalogues
Textile Rectangle Font Publication Electric blue

Siku from 1989 and 91/92
Toy Wheel Vehicle Toy block Motor vehicle

Majorette Majo-kit. Not sure how much was ever sold in the UK but i've got a few boxes of it.
Font Publication Art Recreation Electronic device

Still got a load of tractors and a couple of land rovers and horse boxes.
Vehicle Motor vehicle Art Font Engineering

Publication Rectangle Material property Book Stationery

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Class ! I remember getting that majorette kit, footpaths and a 4post ramp that worked. Was great when painting modelkits to stand them on. Still have a few of the cars in picture too.

·
Saddest VZi'er 2017
11,477 Posts
I've built up a bit of a collection of toy car catalogues, and scanned 90% of them. Mostly Matchbox and Corgi but there are Siku, Zylmex and others in there too. All here Die cast catalogues

I went to the toy fair yesterday and ended up coming home with a few interesting bits, best of which is perhaps this giant (1:11 scale!) remote control Gama Mercedes 450 SE

Gama 4942 Mercedes 450 SE 1:11 by RS, on Flickr

This thing is a beast, just look at that Matchbox next to it!

It's powered by three D cells inside that remote that would do you a mischief if you dropped it on your foot. I think this once belonged to a very well off kid...

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
I had a huge metal cadillac convertible as a kid that had 3 D cell batteries in it, controlled by a wire to a hand held controller the size of a phone with a srteering wheel on it. No idea whatever happened to it.
Radio control was something special back then, I remember saving like mad to get an rc Nikko (I think) dune buggy in 1989, up in the loft somewhere. Had a few of those old school wired controller ones, always ate the batteries! Mk2 gti and mini got destroyed🤦‍♂️
That merc is something special and looks mint!!!

·
Saddest VZi'er 2017
11,477 Posts
Lovely, bet it's fiddly getting all those mechanisms back in place properly.

I bought this battered Matchbox Lamborghini Miura recently, the earlier version with steering

Matchbox 33 Lamborghini Miura by RS, on Flickr

It needed a new body, thankfully the early Superfast body is externally identical, fixes to the base the same way, and can be found for 50p in a right state

Matchbox Superfast 33a Lamborghini Miura by RS, on Flickr

Now they look like this

Matchbox Lamborghini Miura resto by RS, on Flickr

·
Saddest VZi'er 2017
11,477 Posts
A couple of weeks ago I bought this Dinky Mini Cooper police car from its original owner, who remembers painting it blue when he was a kid

Dinky 250 Austin Mini police car by RS, on Flickr
Dinky 250 Austin Mini police car by RS, on Flickr

I wish I'd taken the guy's number so I could show him how it looks now

20220827_094422 by RS, on Flickr
20220827_094329 by RS, on Flickr
20220827_094319 by RS, on Flickr
20220827_094302 by RS, on Flickr
20220827_094356 by RS, on Flickr

Only new parts are the jewel headlamps and the decals, plus a bit of sprue for the aerial.

It's an interesting casting only used for a couple of years, Dinky originally cast the Mini as a Morris but wanted the police car to be an Austin Cooper, so removed all the detail from the rear of the car (and the bonnet badge) and replaced it with a decal. Later they made a proper Austin casting but alongside the Morris, so the two often got mixed up meaning you find Morris police cars and standard cars badged as Coopers.
This one looks lovely in my cabinet

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Super job! I tried to be a rally cooper and a transit fire engine at an auto jumble, they were lying like dung in a box of junk, I asked for a price and was stunned when he asked for £50! Needless to say I didn’t buy them.

·
Saddest VZi'er 2017
11,477 Posts
Madness, I paid £1 for that Mini. The Transits are popular on eBay but not to that level, my friend bought a clean one for £10 at a toy fair recently that I thought was a bit overpriced.

I have a few different versions, the early sliding side/twin rear door which I'm not a big fan of

20210527_115727 by RS, on Flickr

The later, larger MK1 with a single rear door

20200627_130956 by RS, on Flickr
20220328_172305 by RS, on Flickr

MK2 (which is the same casting updated)

20200627_114256 by RS, on Flickr
20220315_135939 by RS, on Flickr

And the ultimate evolution - the Vanpire/Customised Freeway Cruiser

20201224_150518 by RS, on Flickr
Corgi Customised Freeway Cruiser Vanpire Ford Transit by RS, on Flickr

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Love that custom one 😍 this was the mk1, bro had one as a kid and I was getting for him but both needed restored. He picked one up lately anyway 👍

·
Saddest VZi'er 2017
11,477 Posts
Looks in better condition than my "best" one

Corgi Toys Volvo P.1800 by RS, on Flickr

I do have a worse one in the "awaiting resto" box too

Corgi Toys Volvo P.1800 by RS, on Flickr

That one has the same spun hubs as yours, my white one has different wheels for some reason.

Lastly I have this battered "Whizzwheels" version

Corgi Toys Whizzwheels Volvo P.1800 by RS, on Flickr

I should really get that resto done, as it would go really nicely with the Juniors one I completed a few years back

Corgi Volvo P1800 "Saint" resto by RS, on Flickr

Oh and of course there's the Corgi Model Club reproduction version. Lovely that they can make these so we can own mint in box versions, shame they have to say Made in China on the base!

Corgi Model Club "The Saint's" Car Volvo P.1800 by RS, on Flickr
Corgi Model Club "The Saint's" Car Volvo P.1800 by RS, on Flickr

·
I really must get out more
5,332 Posts
Wow that's a number of Volvo P1800s! From what I can gather mine is one of the earlier models. While there is some hardening on the tyres, it springs well, and rolls nicely. I'll probably leave as is because I'm not too great on a fiddly resto and I'd hate to mess it up.
Another that's play worn that I haven't restored is this mk3 Cortina GXL. However, I have to take responsibility for playing with it! My dad worked for Ford and when they released the mk 3 in 1971, a number of these Graham Hill versions went to main dealers as a promotion. I got one at the tender age of 8 and played the hell out of it.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting
Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Car Automotive lighting
Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Wood Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting
Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Car Automotive lighting
Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Wood Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
9,421 Posts
Mine too, has been well 'played-with' :
View attachment 299744

Paint could do with a touch-up, and replacement "Saint" waterslide transfer and 'jewel' headlamps are available, I may just treat the old thing to a set.
I did it, (stripped, painted, windows, jewel headlights, tyres and the decal :
Wheel Vehicle Car Tire Hood

·
Saddest VZi'er 2017
11,477 Posts
Another that's play worn that I haven't restored is this mk3 Cortina GXL. However, I have to take responsibility for playing with it! My dad worked for Ford and when they released the mk 3 in 1971, a number of these Graham Hill versions went to main dealers as a promotion. I got one at the tender age of 8 and played the hell out of it.
View attachment 301792
I don't think I've ever seen one that wasn't a police car, very nice. It's a shame about the missing pillar, but it's a toy that's been enjoyed and has a story. It's nice finding mint ones but I always feel a tinge of sadness that no kid ever whizzed it up the hall carpet

1341 - 1360 of 1367 Posts