Volkszone Forum banner

Vintage Toys and Collectibles

133K views 2K replies 53 participants last post by  Jim 
#1 ·
So not to hi-jack the Hot Wheels thread i thought i would start this one so people can show pics of their collections..

I have been collecting vintage toys and other stuff for about 15 years now and although most of it is in the loft and i have probably forgotten most of the stuff that's up there !!

here are some pics of what i have and if anyone wants to see better pics of anything in particular then let me know and i will see if i can find it !!

i will start with what i bought recently...

some Star Wars toys and my Race & Chase set..

Powertrack set...

Slam Bam Sam...

See less See more
#5 ·
I bought that Falcon a few years ago for about £30 they go nowadays for about £150+

yea i would love to see pics of your Transformers toys :D

here is my original Monster Beetle and Falcon...

Dukes of Hazzard Watches

bunch of stuff including my original boxed AT-AT from when i was a kid...

RC Starsky and Hutch...

#12 ·
They talked about "Go bots" on Pawn stars last week, apparently they came out first but then "Transformers" bought them out

#14 ·
That's almost there, Gobots were made by Tonka and indeed did come out before Hasbros Transformers however this was only because Tonka got wind of Hasbros Transformers and wanted to beat them to it so literally rushed out 'Gobots' with no thought behind them to get there first, this is why Gobots were just so terrible and as soon as Transformers were released Gobots were pushed to the sideline.

As far as buy out, Hasbro bought out Tonka in '91 but this was 4 years after Gobots had been canned, it's just the rights for Gobots came along with owning Tonka.

#16 ·
Is that the baddie Merc and Aston Martin from the early Scalextric James Bond set i spot there?
I got excited when i spotted the box in an attic recently, unfortunately thats all it was - the box!

#18 ·
Its not in very good condition

#23 ·
Great thread. My collection is mainly in the loft so no pics, but great to see I'm not alone.
I still have my powertrak race and chase set that I bought with my birthday money 😁 and my first scalextric set from 1974.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Get in that loft with your camera NOW !! :lol:

i have more stuff in my loft, i will need to have another look one day :D

#25 ·
Right, as requested. I grabbed a large shoebox that was near the door, as it's mainly this year's haul, apart from a few that were in a display case I got rid of recently.

They are in no particular order btw.

I probably have another 3 boxes like this. 😲

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

#30 ·
I'm still working through cataloging and archiving my Tramsformers collection for insurance purposes and to make sure they are properly protected in storage. As you can see I've done quite a few already (believe it or not there are over 200 in these boxes already):

A lot are mine from being a kid but I also used to go to car boot sales as a kid and buy others, so condition and completeness can vary, from my mint in box Megatron:

To some incomplete or even partially damaged:

Original 1985 Thrust:

Grimlock and Motormaster (I'm hoping to find their accessories as I dig deeper):

4 of 5 Terrorcons:

Still digging through so hoping to complete a few more as I do:

I'll post more up as I keep working through :)

#31 ·
To keep the VW link here are two late 80's versions of Bumblebee. One is a 'Pretender', so the smaller robot fits in the larger shell, the other is a 'throttlebot', which means it has pull-back motion. They painted him gold and rebranded him Goldbug... Hasbro were good at recycling characters in different guises to sell units ;)

I have a few different versions of the original 1984 Bumblebee I will try to find.

#37 ·
Here are a few of mine.....

Star Wars figures.Iv just started to collect the originals again and I'm slowly picking them up on a budget. My limit is £4 per figure....

Dragon wheels...

Beetle by Marx

Buck Rogers...

Thunderbirds. Rare no5 as well

Husky Buses

Various Matchbox and Corgi...

I have loads in boxes and rotate round a bit but had to put more away as the lego is taking over.......