Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Volkswagen 412LS Variant.

Rare last year of production model, has 1.8 twin carb engine, 85bhp, same unit as Porsche 914.

The car been off the road since 1984, bought as a restoration project five years ago, but lack of time due to my wifes illness, house renovation project and work load means that something has to give. No MOT or Tax.

Considerable amount of money has been spent rebuilding the hydraulic system for brake and clutch.

Engine starts, no knocks or rattles, but needs a service, plugs and points haven't been touched in three decades. Oil and filter have been changed. Tank needs draining of stale fuel.

Original cloth interior in poor condition, but full set of good black vinyl seats included. There are areas corrosion and the paint is poor in places, please see photos for details. Personally I would repaint it, but I understand that patina is popular on classics at the moment ;)

Lots of history included, mileage displayed is 3700 miles, so its definitely been around the clock once or twice! Two owners from new.

This car will need a trailer to collect, remember this is restoration project. Car located in Selby, approximately 13 miles south of York.

Please ask if you have any questions, please feel free to view and have a cuppa and a chat.

Car currently on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Volksw...655&pid=100015&prg=1006&rk=1&sd=281116379240&

However, would prefer it to go to someone who will put it back on the road, offers off eBay welcome - looking for £800.00

[

Attachments

·
Registered
5,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
5,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sold!

Thanks to everyone who showed an interest, first to see bought.

Sad to see it go :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.