Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
8,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not yet recovered, but I wanted to thank as always everyone that made VW Action such a great weekend, friends, my VW Family, those who exhibited, those who did some track time, those involved with the stalls, those who entered the Action Olympics, those who I drank with, posed with for photos, and of course the always amazing VW Action Crew for all their hard work.

And my apologies.. anyone who got caught behind Sarah and I in our boxes and had their views obscured, and those I didn't get to see!.

Really happy with my haul from the Brads Auction, got an AMAZING Kurt Cobain painting by someone a few of us know :D, and some great prints, and I managed to slim down the watch collection a bit and not add to it, and Sarah's Pacman canvass

I'm kind of gutted I didn't get to ride home on Danny Lords Chopper Bike but I know Claire who won it, and it's gone to a great home.

It's always great to catch up with folks, and I realise I don't get to see enough of my VW Family outside of VW events, so that's something I need to focus more on. Some of you guys I've known for 20 years or so, and it's insane that we only meet up a few times a year.

Again, an amazing weekend, really good to finally see so many of you again.

Sorry to those I didn't get to say a proper goodbye to before we went, had a few issues with the lights on the trailer tent and it took a while to break it down, by the time I was done I was exhausted and wanted to get home and unpacked, and the trailer tent into storage before I lost daylight.. why the two of us need a "sleeps 6" trailer tent is a mystery but the wife likes the space, probably for all her wardrobe.

Thanks to Sue for the photo of the two of us.

Attachments

·
Registered
21,467 Posts
Gutted we couldn't make it this year and love the costumes, I too won a painting in 2019 from a very talented person we all know

·
Registered
21,609 Posts
Good to see you and the Mrs.
I was going to ask what engine you had in the frontera. Had one way back. Juicy, but a great drive.
First Action and trip to the Pod in 10 years.
Was a blast!!
Same time next year ? :)

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
8,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's a 2.2 diesel, I had a 2.0 8v sport before. To be honest both are awful things but someone nicked the towbar off my Mondeo 😂 so I had to borrow it off my Dad

·
Registered
445 Posts
Hi all,
Great event with the family nice & chilled. We were in the general area camping & our only concern was the toilet facilities. There didn't seem to be many (8 in total) for the camping areas. These were in a bad state at times. Why can't there be more along with a inspection similar to how other toilets operate.
Definitely going next year
Please work on toilets
Thanks Dave

1 - 8 of 8 Posts