Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
12,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

think i will be having mostly a lot of fun today...uploading videos...

·
Registered
12,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

an oldie but a goodie....jeez....this is digging into my memory banks...

·
Registered
12,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

one of the best...

·
Registered
633 Posts
walkerdude2001 said:

an oldie but a goodie....jeez....this is digging into my memory banks...
I LOVE THIS ONE....GOT TO BE MY FAVOURITE.....

SO TRUE IT HAPPENS TIME AND TIME AGAIN.....

·
Registered
12,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

One of another of my faves....and i been done one of these logos and all..... :D

·
Registered
331 Posts
walkerdude2001 said:

think i will be having mostly a lot of fun today...uploading videos...
Is that your man that sang stok siel allen op n saterdag aand? Cant for the life of me think of his name....

The second one brought a huge smile to my face :)

·
Registered
331 Posts
David Kramer was his name.

Did you ever come across Sarel van der Merwe the rally driver? He drove a shit hot golf before he went on to the Audi Quattro S1 etc?

I can remember that logo ad from my early days in high school (early to mid 80's)...

·
Registered
12,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes, i can remember that GOLF...what a driver he was...and then went on to drive the quattro....whoa.,....memories!!

·
Registered
12,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
and another....

this was a brilliant one...

·
Registered
12,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

change.....wow.....

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
Some great videos there!

Its a shame they dont sell those SA Citi Golfs here. I'd buy one for sure if they kept the price down!

I like the classic 80's style combined with the modern practical interior with Airbags :D

The prices start down as low as the 4k mark in SA! Not fair considering a decent new Golf here is 15kish

·
Registered
8,787 Posts
and they are fun to drive. we hired one for a weekend while in Durban back in the 90's and went tearing round the mountains in it. was good old fashioned driving with no gimmicks.

·
Registered
12,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well that is why they sell them still in SA as a cheap reliable basic car (most of the time) as an alternative for people wh cannot afford the luxury topend or middle end cars...

I wonder if i imported one or two.....

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
walkerdude2001 said:
well that is why they sell them still in SA as a cheap reliable basic car (most of the time) as an alternative for people wh cannot afford the luxury topend or middle end cars...

I wonder if i imported one or two.....
Yeah i guess, i'd still rather have one than a new Polo which wouldn't be that more advanced in the first place.

If you really want one, i've heard of people buying them through main dealers but it ends up costing a lot more than the RRP with the import duty, import cost, the dealers comission blah blah blah.

Now that Beetles UK has run out of new T1's, maybe they should look at doing Caddy's and Citi Golfs from SA?

·
Registered
12,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
and another one.....:lol:

nice ad thisone...brings a tear to my eye everytime...

If you want more then Just yell!!! ...... actually, Red, Yellow, Blue..... :lol: coming up...

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
walkerdude2001 said:
If you want more then Just yell!!! ...... actually, Red, Yellow, Blue.....
:lol:

I wish my dad would take me out to the garage and give me an old 60's beetle with an awesome flower paint job! Hah, in my dreams....(His first car was a Fiat 128 which had more filler and fibreglass than metal :crazy:

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
beetlecharles said:
Now that Beetles UK has run out of new T1's, maybe they should look at doing Caddy's and Citi Golfs from SA?
They did, even ran adverts in the VW mags a little while ago, but ran into SVA problems and it all went quiet...

·
Registered
12,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Red Yellow Blue.....heres one for you....

actually met the guy who did the voiceover for this ad, he is a DJ in South africa, Alex Jay, and is a complete Nutter!! brilliant guy though, and very good at what he does...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts