Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some cash to fund a new engine so some of my steering wheel collection is up for sale :(

First up is a 70s Formula Vee wheel, in good condition although the spokes could do with repainting and and there is a screw missing that means the horn button is a bit loose. In tip top condition these often go for £120 or more, but because of the condition I'm willing to let it go for £80ono

Next up is is another Formula Vee wheel offered as an accessory by VWoA back in the day. Rarely seen on this side of the pond. It's in good condition complete with horn push but the 'simulated wood' rim has the common split in the 12 o'clock position (I've been told this can be filled with resin) and the spokes/boss could do with a clean. £75ono

Next is a Porsche 911/912 wheel which I'm guessing is from the late 60s (I'm no expert). The leather rim will need to be restitched and blackened but apart from that it is in good condition (horn button with Stuttgart crest is excellent) £65ono

How about a VW/Porsche 914 wheel? This is the VW version with Wolfsburg horn push so would look great in a Beetle and is in good condition. £50ono

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This next one is an early 60s stock Beetle wheel, possibly '65 only but I'm more of a late model man. This is in unrestored condition so could do with a bit of TLC (worst bit is shown in pic). 40ono

Finally I have a South African SP wheel. This is similar to Sports Bug or Yellow & Black Racer wheels but has a slimmer rim. Again it is in good condition but will require new paint to be tip top. £25ono

All wheels can be posted for £8 each or I can take to Dubfreeze in February or can be collected from west Dorset.

Cheers :)

·
Registered
497 Posts
v/interested m8! can u give the sizes and rough offsets/dish depths of all wheels please fella? and do any need seperate bosses?. soz for many ques m8! but like the look of all the wheels bar the standards, but trying to find the right wheel for the right project m8!.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
v/interested m8! can u give the sizes and rough offsets/dish depths of all wheels please fella? and do any need seperate bosses?. soz for many ques m8! but like the look of all the wheels bar the standards, but trying to find the right wheel for the right project m8!.
PM'd you mate, I'll get back to you with sizes/offsets, :)

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sale now pending on the black Formula Vee. Got a couple more wheels to be added soon.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Finally I have a South African SP wheel. This is similar to Sports Bug or Yellow & Black Racer wheels but has a slimmer rim. Again it is in good condition but will require new paint to be tip top. £25ono

Cheers :)[/QUOTE]

Does this wheel come with a boss or does it just bolt on, wondering if it will fit a 1303.

Rgds Jules:)

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The boss is built in. Not sure whether it fits a 1303 to be honest, I've never actually fitted it to anything. I'm actually holding it for someone else but I do have another one that I'll put on here in a bit. I also have a Sports Bug / Yellow and Black Racer (GSR) wheel that is very similar but with a chunkier rim and slightly smaller diameter that should fit a 1303, I wasn't going to sell it but could be tempted if the price is right. Let me know if you're interested.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here's the other South African SP wheel, spokes could do with rubbing down and repainting but it's all complete. Same price as before.

Also got this, think it's from a Karmann Cabrio, good condition but needs a clean (the marks on the horn push are left over bits of sellotape and will come off) £25ono

And finally this one, I'm not really into water cooleds but I believe it's either from a mk1 Golf or Scirocco. Haven't seen many of these around. £30ono

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi mertman, it's listed in a VWoA accessory catalogue dated 1970 so yeah it should bolt straight on. Collection from Dubfreeze is not a problem. I'll put your name down on it.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sorry mate I got in late last night and didn't get a chance to reply to you. I'll check out the Golf/Scirroco wheel tonight and will pm you. Cheers.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts