Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to all of the smaller shows this year like the Bus Stop Over, VW White Noise, Big Summer B ender, VW Festival, and the rest . . . they are a refreshing change . . . :hangloose

Next year I'll thinking VW ACTION (at the pod I hope - please Bri/Brett), Bug Jam, VolksWorld etc . . . :D

What shows are you thinking about going to next year?

:hangloose

·
Registered
480 Posts
I miss3ed most of em this year as i got my van half way through the year and then the engine blew up so next year i intend to go to as many as poss. Got the winter to get betty up and running!

·
Registered
687 Posts
I just gotten a Buggy after years of saving then having to spend the money elsewhere, and then, my BETTER half announces she's pregnant, so i got the car but only 2 seats, so no shows for me next year! looking forward to bug jam 2010 though!

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wills said:
I just gotten a Buggy after years of saving then having to spend the money elsewhere, and then, my BETTER half announces she's pregnant, so i got the car but only 2 seats, so no shows for me next year! looking forward to bug jam 2010 though!
Ah . . . the old 2 seats and 3 people problem . . . I just drive my VW with the Mrs behind with Holly in another Vee Dub!

:hangloose

·
Registered
687 Posts
The wife won't drive my Caddy, she says its dirty and noisey, cheeky bitch.

·
Registered
21,468 Posts
well.......hopefully once we have moved n settled I'll continue with my plan n get a caravan to be towed with the v6 doka and camp/caravan at a few more shows......i couldn't stopover at many this year ;)

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
As a VW Show Virgin, what is reccommended best show to hit first? Im gonna forget a holiday abroad next year and drive down to a show

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
I think I'll be doing prety much the same as this year. The normal bigger ones like Big Bang and Bug Jam but I also like the smaller ones as it's a completely different vibe so we'll also be heading to Diva, Big ****** and Viking.

The only change we might make this year is give Van Fest a try as everyone was raving about how good it was this year. Only problem is that if we do that we may have to knock Action on the head which would be a shame as it's always a top show but I don't think we could stretch to two weekends on the trot.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Its about time... summer nationals, the original volksfest and beetle bash came back :hangloose

Which was that show "back in the day" at avon park that you used to have a hog roast?? :smurf:

·
Holy Calamity
67,056 Posts
I'm going to be trying to get to as many as I can next year. I was GUTTED that I didn't get to either Action show this year (although the drive to Prague was something I'll never ever forget) so DEFFO those, Deva, Big Bang, VWDRC events at the Pod (Easter Thunderball etc)... As I say, as many as I can.

Oh, and there's this show in Austria in May... 40,000+ cars :D Woerthersee, can't WAIT! :D

·
Registered
6,291 Posts
Rusto-cal Phil said:
Its about time... summer nationals, the original volksfest and beetle bash came back :hangloose

Which was that show "back in the day" at avon park that you used to have a hog roast?? :smurf:
Elements and vibe of all those shows is the aim of VW Action 2007 :D

The hog roast was Brian Burrows Volksfest, early 90s. But it relied on the Farmer actually snaffling a pig from somewhere... it used to be a nightmare relying on him to get a pig, and get the hogroast started in time to thoroughly cook through and not give everyone food poisoning :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts