Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
14,361 Posts
It might work if it was run like the member sponsor subscription, only renewed on a monthly basis.

I would be up for a few lines if it was to be feesable.:bandit:

·
Registered
46,359 Posts
I ran one for a while, got people to pay via paypal, I got the tickets (published the numbers) and we did well, best result was when 53 of us all put in, 53 different tickets resulted in £187 each that weekend, it actually paid of as we were all up about £56.
Only stopped when I left that company.

If people want to try it again, I'll run it if enough put in.

·
Banned
32,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How on earth would you co-ordinate it, logistkly speaking?
Well this is it. I really don't know if it could be done but I think it'd be popular!

Depending on the numbers I'd suggest any prizes under a certain amount, say if we have 200 players and the prize was £200 it's not really worth distributing so we donate it to Brads?

·
Registered
16,703 Posts
say if we have 200 players and the prize was £200 it's not really worth distributing so we donate it to Brads?
Or fold it back int othe fund and buy extra tickets! :lol:

Seriously though, I'd be up for this...

·
Registered
16,703 Posts
Euromillions, Lotto or both..? :confused: Could you imagine Vzi club camping at the shows with a Euromillions tripple rollover jackpot with £90million devided up..? :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
46,359 Posts
Well this is it. I really don't know if it could be done but I think it'd be popular!

Depending on the numbers I'd suggest any prizes under a certain amount, say if we have 200 players and the prize was £200 it's not really worth distributing so we donate it to Brads?
You can set up an account on the web for the tickets, that way if people want to join in they pay via paypal or something, if you can get 200 people and you dont do random numbers, i.e. work them out for a good spread, you could do well in the long run, the trick is not trying for all the numbers but batches of 3's and 4's.

·
snide twat
39,983 Posts

just pay brads a pound a week and skip the lottery - you'll be donating more in the long run I suspect.

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
14,361 Posts

was gonna suggest a cut for brads. dont all syndicates have to sign a contract or somthing?

there might be some info about setting up an online syndicate on the lotto website.

·
Registered
46,359 Posts
You also need anyone who does join up to add their name to a list on here, then use the list to draw up an agreement for a syndicate, otherwise you will all get stung for tax.

·
Banned
32,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You can set up an account on the web for the tickets, that way if people want to join in they pay via paypal or something, if you can get 200 people and you dont do random numbers, i.e. work them out for a good spread, you could do well in the long run, the trick is not trying for all the numbers but batches of 3's and 4's.
So we could have a link on here to the web addy and have set numbers each week? That sounds pretty simple....

·
Banned
32,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
just pay brads a pound a week and skip the lottery - you'll be donating more in the long run I suspect.
I think more people would join a lottery syndicate, happy to give to Brads and have a chance of winning themselves than just donation alone. Such is life. :)

·
Banned
32,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You also need anyone who does join up to add their name to a list on here, then use the list to draw up an agreement for a syndicate, otherwise you will all get stung for tax.
Sounds do-able.

You seem to know what you're talking about Jake....what are the cons?

1 - 20 of 96 Posts