Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lovely! what kind of condition is it in? Also, is it definitely the same model as this one? the 1303 has strange vents above the speedo and glove box, I want to avoid this if possible (but it's starting to dawn on me that beggars cannot be choosers!) In addition, some of the dash knobs are in different positions on some models dependent on the year. If I could trouble you for a photo I would be able to see most of these things for myself. Thanks again for the reply, if suitable you could save my life!

·
Registered
11,191 Posts
1303 dashes are way different & not interchangeable. You are thinking of a 1302, they have a flat screen. They do have the extra vents as you say.
It shouldn't be that hard to find a good padded dash. I have a '75 bug that I might Baja, but not sure if or when. that has a perfect dash in it.
I think I sold my last one for £40 complete with love box lid, all switches, grilles, vents the lot!
You will find one...

·
Registered
8,181 Posts
Just had a look at the site but they seem to be just selling buses.. do they do Beetle parts too?
I think they are the same company as Danybury motor caravans, when I was in Vanfest in September they had dozens of them, cheap too.:D

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
really? any like mine or can't you remember? I'll give them a call and see how it goes. There are some for sale at other places but are all left hand drive, I wonder how tricky it would be to convert them (they are kind of symmetrical)

·
Registered
8,181 Posts
really? any like mine or can't you remember? I'll give them a call and see how it goes. There are some for sale at other places but are all left hand drive, I wonder how tricky it would be to convert them (they are kind of symmetrical)
The ones they sell are LHD but its only the bit under the speedo thats different when you cut this out for the glove box with a stanley knife they'll be the same.:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts