Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all im looking for a driver's side door for my 1970 bug.I had bought one handed over the money to a third party who was supposed to be taking it off as a fovour i told them not too worry as i could do it,but by the time they eventually got round to ringing the owners of door after weeks of hassle from me they had sold the whole car!! so to cut a long story short im stuffed the bottom of my door is gaping that much it actually flaps as i drive and my car was due to have its two new doors and front wings painted this has toataly stuffed all time scales now so needless to say im hacked right off :mad:
i will be honest i dont have a massive amount off cash spare to spend on my bug as im restoring a bay and this is supposed to be on the burner for now untill thats done but needs must and all . so i know im not going to get a minter but more solid than mine and i will be a happy woman . please please can somone help and restore my faith in vw folk :)

·
I'm not an addict... honest!
4,529 Posts
ive got one on my 69, pretty much rot free except a little on the underside but no way near as bad as some rotton ones I have seen. Tiny ding in the top corner (shown on pic) little surface rust where I have started stripping it.

Adrian

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers dude how much were u looking for it its definately better than mine where bouts are u?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ouch thats miles away from me i think that will cost a arm and leg to courier im in gloucestershire can i give u a pm if i cant find another any closer im off to bristol volks fest so i could collect there if anyone going that has a door ? and u still didnt say how much? :)

·
I'm not an addict... honest!
4,529 Posts
kir said:
ouch thats miles away from me i think that will cost a arm and leg to courier im in gloucestershire can i give u a pm if i cant find another any closer im off to bristol volks fest so i could collect there if anyone going that has a door ? and u still didnt say how much? :)
Sorry that was Guz answering on my behalf :) . You can PM me about it. Yours for £30.

Adrian

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ive got ONE!!!! lol

ive got a door that came off my 1974 beetle.....and will fit yours too. Its in Mint condition, was going to use it for my project. But then found some doors without the 1/4 panel.

The door has already been rubbed down and ready for primer and pain. It has also had all the hinges adjusted so it closes without any "stick". Collection only LONDON AREA.......£25.

Let me know ASAP if you want it, because im going to post a thread soon with all my bits for sale. But illgive you First Dibbs on this. :hangloose

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanxs for that im not really sure if its going to be to far to travel as i live in gloucestershire right on the welsh border but it sounds really good im just following up a couple of pm about doors to see which would be the most solid to travell forso i will let u know by this afternoon either way as im hoping to get whichever i decide tommorow so borris can be painted this weekend yippeee. thanks to everyone that has offered to help

·
Registered
32 Posts
No problem......glad to be of service....if you pm me your e-mail address, i can get some pics over to you tonight.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts