Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Whatever you do don't try and make a recovery memory stick using the CD supplied in the box.

As you know the AAO doens't have an optical drive so you need to make it in another computer.

What they don't tell you is that in trying to create the recovery memory stick it will delete the MBR of a random SATA hard drive attached to the computer.

:(

Bunch of Arse!

Luckily a shareware/freeware program managed to recover it and the 250gb of music stored on there.

and Luckily it only did this to my secondary HD, so I could still use my computer!

Still need to fix my AAO but I'll probably have to buy a cheapy external DVD drive and give that a go.

I must say that my journey into Linux has been an unhappy one and once I've got the laptop working I'm thinking of installing windows onto the fucker. There is a way of doing it on the SDD versions which doesn't bork the HD with temp swap files!

:D

Wiltsteve

·
Registered
14,064 Posts
whilst I was arguing against this with carbon yesterday... If you want to install something decent (not the default linpus OS) download your choice of distro (Ubuntu 8.10 is my choice, we're up to 9.04 but last time I checked there was a couple of things not fully supported yet...) and use Unetbootin to make a bootable memory stick from your distro ISO on your other machine...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts