Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just full of motorbike stuff and rusty old shit..?

It used to be decent but now, having been there the other day, its rubbish and not worth the 140 mile round trip or whatever it was...oh, and the sick-squid to get in.

·
Registered
18,522 Posts
Not been to NormousNewak for aaaaaaaaages

Last time i went i thought the entry price had crept up a bit for a 'jumble :(

Have had some excellent bits from there in the past,maybe the t'internet is killing 'jumbles too :( :(

·
Registered
7,020 Posts
I was gonna go to Newark Autojumble for the first time this weekend... but we partied till too late on saturday and I didn't get up early enough to set off in good time!

What was the Classic Car show like?

·
Registered
425 Posts
I came away happy with some bargains :) .

I was taking to a couple in a classic MG who said I could have got in for nothing if I had pre-booked the bus in the classic cars section.

That would have made me even happier.

Did any of you own any the busses or beetles in the classic section?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I must admit - there were people selling things like WD40 on the cheap. Which was handy.

But then I can get that at Wellsbourne Market down the road equally cheaply.

There was more VW's parked in the classics areas then I remember from before. Which was a promising sign.

If you turn up in a classic car you get to park inside the showground in a preferential parking area - and it costs a couple of quid less to get in.
I turned up in my Peugeot and ended up in the plebs parking area, miles away from the gates and paid more to get in. :( But at least I got good mileage for my diesel £££sss.

What we need is a good show at the Stoneleigh NAC. Or Avon Park (Now the Shakspeare County Raceway) : both good venues, but sadly underused.

·
Registered
6,390 Posts
HairyYeti said:
just full of motorbike stuff and rusty old shit..?

It used to be decent but now, having been there the other day, its rubbish and not worth the 140 mile round trip or whatever it was...oh, and the sick-squid to get in.
:rolleyes: I warned you all on the thread last week!

Anyone see that barndoor panel? :eek:

·
Registered
425 Posts
NOS Bosch dynamo 14v 30A still with cardboard tubes on ends - £15 :D

Fiamma 4 rail bike rack for bus in good condition with all fixtures and fixings £10 :D

Tune & Test kit, with timing light, dwell-tach tester and compression tester - £3.00 :D

Lawn scarifier - £2.00 - my favorite :crazy:

Well worth going

·
Seasoned Chat Slut
2,918 Posts
as a fairly regular trader at newark,the reason why nobody sells vw bits is that they take stuff like that to vw shows.and yes newark is getting very bike orientated.but i justify attending by being a trader and getting all my bargain before joe public gets in,and stocking up on cheap hand wipes/gaffer tape/gloves/etc.for my mates garage.there are less and less true autojumbles about now but newark is still one of the best.but my day usually cost me £65 before i make anything!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Tis great but then I am usually on the look out for old Bike parts and piling down there with friends in Steves classic motor means it a cheap day out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts