Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys mate of mine has a trike as his daily driver (brave guy) and hit huge amount of water at full speed other day! he says now performance had seriously dwindled to the point where he couldnt get in his drive even in 1st gear. and he says inside of oil cap is creamy gunky mess!!

how can he get remaining water out of engine....if there is any, and how do we know if its all out??

·
Registered
4,877 Posts
Drop the oil that will come out. Then get some cheapo oil and run the engine 'til warm. Keep one changing until it's gone do it before it can rust the cylinders and bits.
If that don't work, you're in to a strip down!

·
I really must get out more
6,760 Posts
Although water in the oil is bad, i can't see that it would reduce the power of the engine to the point where you cannot get into your driveway in first gear.

If its misfiring, the dry out the distributor cap etc. Make sure there isnt water in the air filter.

If the engine has ingested a lot of water through the air intake then do a compression test in case you have damaged it by hydraulic action.

·
Tech Guru/Mr VZi '06
41,834 Posts
I doubt if it is oil in the engine unless he runs with a crap airfilter. Any large amount of water down the carb would lock the engine. Any large amount in the sump would raise the oil level on the dipstick. Gunge in the cap is because the engine has been running too cold. I'd concentrate on the electrics first.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Moby will be right best dry out the dizzy, plugs and leads then try again, although I had an 1835 lump bend a conrod through water getting in past a pancake filter still ran but not as sweet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.