Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've tried to search out threads on this but getting no joy - when pumping waxoyl into the heater channels, where do you pump it into? A daft question I know, but I'm unsure!

Ta very much :D

·
Premium Member
8,963 Posts
Spray it into the area between the outer 'shell' of the Heater channel and the inner warm air pipe. try not to get any inside the warm air pipe itself, as it will stink when you put the heater on. The "Extension probe" supplied with the Waxoil sprayer kit is pretty good at getting into these areas, there are plenty of access holes inside the car, (remove the carpets), no need to drill any more holes.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Laurence :hangloose

Where are the access holes? I'm halfway through ripping out the carpet as it happens :D

·
Premium Member
8,963 Posts
Take all the seats out too, it makes it so much easier. Access holes, starting at the front, at the base of the door A pillar, and on the H/C below that, gives access to the front section of the H/C using the extension probe.
Next, moving back, remove the heater vent from the H/C, and you can get the probe between the warm air pipe and the shell, to access the front again, and also that middle area. Moving further back, where the warm air pipe goes into the H/C, you can feed the probe between it and the shell, to spray the rear middle part, and then the rear end behind the warm air pipe entry. No drilling whatsoever.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I had a go at putting waxoil in to my heater channels yesterday. As my running boards were off i used the spray nozzel an just sprayed it into the bolt holes in the heater channels. I rotated the nozzel around so hopefully it covered enough. I took out a couple of chassis bolts too and gave it a squirt. Horrible stuff but will hopefully do the job!!

Was advised to to do on top of the channels aswell, behind the rear card panels.

Fun job!!

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've just had a quick gander and there's no access point at all below the door pillar, and the vent seems to be moulded into the channel.

Is drilling the only option left?

Ta :D

·
Premium Member
8,963 Posts
oddnumber said:
I've just had a quick gander and there's no access point at all below the door pillar, and the vent seems to be moulded into the channel.

Is drilling the only option left?

Ta :D
Aaah , you don't say what year, and I assumed you had a 1970's bug, but it appears to be a bit earlier than that. If you can't get in via the running board mounting screw holes (a bit tight for the probe), yes, you'll have to drill into the H/C at the front somewhere. :D

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Apologies Laurence - it's a '67.

Hey ho, out with the drill then ... :eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts