Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Chinga tu Madre
6,949 Posts
Do you really want that kind of carbs, I have them and hate them.

They will both be right handed and getting to the adjustment screws is a nightmare.

I'm sure other people will come on here an tell you that they're ok, just giving you my personal experience.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure what i can get for £350 ish mark though. Heard they were good but lousy for starting in the winter.

·
Registered
21,422 Posts
I just sold my set with linkage and filters for £150! sorry bud. I personally think they were good carbs. Needed very little adjustment over the years and always gave reasonable performance/economy.

Like above in a bug engine bay they can be tricky to setup and space is so limited! I Imagine a bus is much better though.

Only real downer about em was that if you give it stick round a corner you'd get petrol starvation, which is annoying when your foot is on the metal!

Send Kerb side Auto's (mick) a PM, sure he had some spare Dells

:)

·
Registered
483 Posts
I¥ve ran them for a while on a stock 1600 but recently some sh*t got through so we stripped em off and cleaned them.Now they run great on full clout but at lower RPM the car judders.

We¥ve just about given up trying to set them up so unless I find out whats wrong they¥re going in the bin............saying that we¥re no experts....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts