Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone take a guess at the approximate weight in kg of the following engine/plus casing/plus exhaust that i might be sending to Denmark? thanks as i am trying to calculate shipping costs!!

shuffle pinned aftermarket aluminium case type 1 2187cc 2 x twin choke 36 drla carbs 94mm bore on the cylinders 78.8mm on the crankshaft engle 130 camshaft 37x32 mm portred vw cylinders heads cromoly pushrods swivel feet tappets bolt up rocker shafts full flow oil system with 4 litre sump for extra cooling VW parts are heads (gas flowed), con rods, rockers, cam plug, plus all the tinware, cooling system and charging system
Engine does include exhaust system: 1.1/2" merged collector with single quiet pack muffler.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hi mate,

I work in the shipping industry (freight management) usefull tip. Think about the final size once packed. Most packages of a medium weight tend to "dim out" which means the price is based on the dimensional weight. Without boring you to sleep.... it goes a bit like this....

1 box at 100 kg packed at 120cm x 120cm x 120cm = 288kg chargeable weight. This is because 120x120x120 = 1728000
the coversion factor used by almost all couriers and air freight companies is 6000 so you need to divide 1728000 by 6000 which gives you 288 and this is your total weight charge.

Let me know if you need any further info or would like me to get you a quote, I would not move this for you so im not trying to get your business but can let you know if your quote is a good one or not.

anyways the offer is there if you need it bud just let me know.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi,
thats great guys thanks alot top advice..
VW bugster thats top stuff thanks.. are you able to get me a quote on the above sending by cheapest method to
Vidjekrogen 18,5881 SkÂrup, Denmark
based on the weight at say 100kg and dimensions as above as i would prefer to send engine as complete unit.. that will give me a basic idea. having no idea what the cost will be i could find out exact measurements if that quote seems high for the buyer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts