Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all people interested in this

http://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=297540&highlight=learn+weld

Just in case you haven't had anything through, the enrolment/information evening is Monday 30th October, course starts Wednesday 1st November. :D

Looks like it's oversubscribed so if you're serious best get there early. Alas I'm unable to but will still go along for the info. :)

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Major crisis in the cash flow department at the moment. :( I've persuaded my dad to teach me on the MIG, and I've been offered a free arc welder to practise with. I still want to go to the information evening in case my fortunes change next year. :)

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
...Introduction to Welding course only has 9 places each time it runs... :( ...so they are running 3 courses in the next 6 months...one from Nov to Dec '06...then Jan to March '07...then April to June '07...if you miss the place your after you will get priority for the next time...so if you miss the Nov slot you get priority for the Jan course over anyone who applies at a later date.
Sounds like the Nov slot will be well oversubscribed anyhow Janine so Jan or April '07...start flogging stuff on e-bay or something...:lol:...and if you really cannot get on one of them this year I will, so I can photocopy any course notes at work and either post them to you, or you can pop in on your way home and pick them up...kettles always hot in our house... :D ...but be good to see you there if possible.
Come on folks...just think of what a handy skill it is to be able to weld yourself...got to worth a go...you can never have too many irons in the fire... :hangloose

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Tonights the night.......

...right its Monday the 30th of October...7pm tonight I'll be at Waltham Forset College to find out if I'll be able to get on this terms Introduction to Welding course, or whether I'll have to wait till January...which is not that long really...If anyone else is still thinking of taking the plunge then I'll see you there...I'll be the ugly bloke with the mohawk/goatee [hides more of the face you see...]/glasses[take them off and even I don't have to look at myself...result...]and a green camo jacket...
Safe journeys folks...... :hangloose

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I won't be there tonight. My mum's not well and I've promised to do her shopping. :( I'm hoping they'll be another evening next term. Could you see if there's any extra information sheets?

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
...no probs Janine...I'll grab all the info I can...does actually state in the letter from the college that they do not think that they will be able to accommodate all applicants this time round...so I may end up going after Crimbo myself...have to wait and see if everyone turns up or not...but I may see if I can still pay tonight...just to make sure I do not miss out next term...I'll report back either later tonight or tomorrow...hope your Mum gets better soon... :hug:

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
...OK dude...be careful out there thou mate...clocks went back at weekend...always found that first week or two after was a real giggle[not...] on me bike...could of taken mine tonight but I've had to SORN her for now due to all the financial stuff at the moment... :( ...so its the BattleBus instead...lmfao... :hangloose

·
Registered
849 Posts
Cheers Buddy - thats if i make it anyway. Broke down on the way into work this morning - had to push half hour down the mile end road. Hopefully got it sorted now though :rolleyes:

What time you getting there? I'll try and get there before 7 cos i remember what it was like last time....

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
...I'm leaving Harlow at around 6pm...should roll into carpark by 6.45pm at the latest...hopefully nearer 6.30pm...have never been there before...take it it gets busy then...?...not suprised...no other Welding courses round here like this...want to go on and do the Restoration one after this as well...if you roll up before it opens I'll be the one in the 4x4 people carrier/wagon/bus type thing...Mitsubishi Delica L300...see you inside anyhow...safe journey dude... :hangloose

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Swampy{UK} said:
...no probs Janine...I'll grab all the info I can...does actually state in the letter from the college that they do not think that they will be able to accommodate all applicants this time round...so I may end up going after Crimbo myself...have to wait and see if everyone turns up or not...but I may see if I can still pay tonight...just to make sure I do not miss out next term...I'll report back either later tonight or tomorrow...hope your Mum gets better soon... :hug:
Thanks Swampy. I figured as I wasn't enroling this time around it wouldn't matter too much.

Hope you both get there in one piece!!!
:hug:

·
Registered
849 Posts
Swampy{UK} said:
...I'm leaving Harlow at around 6pm...should roll into carpark by 6.45pm at the latest...hopefully nearer 6.30pm...have never been there before...take it it gets busy then...?...not suprised...no other Welding courses round here like this...want to go on and do the Restoration one after this as well...if you roll up before it opens I'll be the one in the 4x4 people carrier/wagon/bus type thing...Mitsubishi Delica L300...see you inside anyhow...safe journey dude... :hangloose
Im leaving Vauxhall around 6 so by the time i wind my way through the city it'll probably be there around the same time.

Haven't done the welding course but i did the resto course twice last year. Was good - real good friendly bunch, just didn't get much done in 2 hours by the time you stop nattering and have a few cuppas. The resto course is quite informal! Looking forward to improving my welding.

·
Registered
10,670 Posts
hey ho , im going tonight , ill be there, in the primerd bay look out for me ,have barkyd writen in the window , so you cant miss me :lol:

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
...weel it was bloody good to put a few names to faces last night...real good to meet BarkyD and bigbadad... :D :hangloose ...hope you fellas had safe return journeys...looks like it should be a good course...did look around after all the form filling in for you BarkyD, but you'd already left by the look...so will catch up with you again some time in the future hopefully... :)
...had a bit of crap end to the night meself...got home to find my eldest daughter [16] had been assaulted on her way round to her boyfriends house...two little chav 'y bastards asked them for "**** or money" and when they said no they both jumped him, kicking him repeatedly on the ground then when she started shouting at them one of them turned round and punched her straight in the face, looks like he may of broken her nose, luckily its not actually disfigured it...but its all red and swollen and looks like she gonna have at least one black eye this morning...so it was straight up the hospital when I got in... :mad: ...Police had already taken a statement and she recognised one of the little bastards...so wait to see what happens down the proper channels...then see where I go from there... :tick: ...what a wonderful world we live in at times eh... :rolleyes:
...but anyhow...Cheers lads...it was a pleasure to meet you... :D

·
Registered
193 Posts
WTF is up with kids these days, just dont understand it. Hope you get it sorted, one way or the other. I know which way I would choose, barry the baseball bat

Swampy{UK} said:
...had a bit of crap end to the night meself...got home to find my eldest daughter [16] had been assaulted on her way round to her boyfriends house...two little chav 'y bastards asked them for "**** or money" and when they said no they both jumped him, kicking him repeatedly on the ground then when she started shouting at them one of them turned round and punched her straight in the face, looks like he may of broken her nose, luckily its not actually disfigured it...but its all red and swollen and looks like she gonna have at least one black eye this morning...so it was straight up the hospital when I got in... :mad: ...Police had already taken a statement and she recognised one of the little bastards...so wait to see what happens down the proper channels...then see where I go from there... :tick: ...what a wonderful world we live in at times eh... :rolleyes:
...but anyhow...Cheers lads...it was a pleasure to meet you... :D

·
Registered
193 Posts
shame this is not more local, would be fantastic. Found it very hard to find an automotive welding college course around Suffolk. Perhaps some Suffolk peeps could get together?

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Well how did it all go then?. Just got myself a new set of welding overalls at the NEC show at the weekend only £8.00.

SEE YA

1 - 20 of 26 Posts