Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone recommend a supplier of welding gas in the Leeds area? All the ones I have contacted want £80+ for yearly rental plus the cost of gas.

This seems expensive going on how much people have told me they've pay in the past.

So, who do you get your gas from and how much do you pay for rental and the bottle filling?

Cheers - Dave

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
52,673 Posts
Find youself you local Sealy stockist, they do a smallish exchange bottle for £36 + a fee of £6 every time you exchange the empty one. It took 3 of these bottles to weld up my Bay.

·
Registered
10,587 Posts
I've jsut got a bottle from a small local supplier, its slightly smaller than the BOC ones, but I paid £25 deposit on the bottle and £25 for every fill. much better than BOC who charge me £65 a year and over £40 for every fill.

I managed to get CO2/Argon from them too :D

·
Superhero
5,653 Posts
mines about 4 ft tall and from air products but iot does indeed cost in excess of £80 a year (£8 a month + £21 refil)
I've had it about 18 months never had a refil. Now bearing in mind a poxy small car shop bottle lasts about 20 minutes and I've done a LOT of welding with this bottle I'd guess I'm happy with the cost. When I stop doing welding I guess I'll send it back :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts