Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Highly Respected Member
13,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for welding gas suppliers for low usage / DIY use in the UK ?

Last time I went with Gas-UK for some Argon with 5% CO2 - Rent Free Welding Gas & Cylinders, Refrigerant or Beverage Gas - just wondering if they were still competitive or if anyone has any alternatives ?

This time round I'm thinking of getting pure argon and thinking of buying a TIG welder to go with it and sit next to my MIG. Shouldn't be any major drawbacks using pure argon with my existing MIG if I need to ? - Don't want to have 2 bottles of gas sitting around...

Cheers - Dave.

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
8,422 Posts
Depends where you're based. I use HobbyWeld for a backup bottle and anything I have to do away from the workshop, but they have an outlet about a mile away from my workshop. I also have a BOC contract though, because I use a LOT of gas and even with the rental etc, it's cheaper for the gas I go through.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
I use adams gas. I messaged a load of people about hobbyweld and not a single one of them bothered replying. It turned out my local adams gas place is loads closer than the hobbyweld stockists anyway.

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
I use BOC for my acetylene and one of those places like hobby weld because they are local (like 200 metres away!). They don't do acetylene though, hence BOC for that. I don't use that much gas, but I use the big bottles.

Edit just looked, the company is Adams Gas

·
Registered
19 Posts
if you get stuck you can order Hobbyweld bottles from JK directly (though I guess maybe at a higher price than direct?)

·
Highly Respected Member
13,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the suggestions guys, I'll have a bit of a shop around before I order anything.
As for location, I'm in Lancashire, not far from Blackpool.

Cheers - Dave.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts