Volkszone Forum banner

Welding!

404 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Howard66 
#1 ·
I have never had to have a car welded before, can anyone give me a rough price on a weld repair to the underside of my car, just bigger than the size of a 50p....any help much appreciated :coffeecup

#3 ·
DubLass said:
I have never had to have a car welded before, can anyone give me a rough price on a weld repair to the underside of my car, just bigger than the size of a 50p....any help much appreciated :coffeecup
it all depends on where you take it and if it gets any worse when whoever does it cleans the area to be treated but if it was brought in as a job where i work you would be looking at anything from around £15-£35 but most times when i get welding jobs in [more so on older cars] the hole ends up bigger when i grind the area to find clean steel to weld too.phone some local gararges for some quotes becarefull though because some will try and blag you that it's more work than it is .ask to see the plate after they have finished!! :D oh and make sure they re-underseal the area they heve welded

#6 ·
Just make sure the rust is cut out and the area treated, or it will come back and be worse.

Lots of places just cover it up with a patch, certainly NOT the way to fix things!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.