Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Note to self: While Polish dentists may be highly skilled and very sympathetic, communication problems may arise.

Had a dentists appointment at 8am this morning, for a filling (or so I thought).

Went along and dentist starts numbing my wisdom tooth. I ask why, as I thought we had agreed that tooth needed extracting and arranged I'd be referred to the local clinic that would sedate me (I'm petrified of choking so he thought of an extraction freaks me out).

No, you wanted it filled? She said...

erm no... I said... I thought I was supposed to have two fillings and an extraction.

Well shall we just take it out now? She asked.

Erm....

I guessed it was better to jump in with both feet and get it done...

So now I have a numb head, which simultaneously feels like it's been kicked several times, and a mouthful of blood :(

:) but I have a tooth in a bag! So I'm getting a treat from the tooth fairy :D

·
Registered
11,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:) thanks for the :hug:

Shame I can't get the day off work, boss has a meeting later so I have to go in at 1pm :(

I have threatened to spit blood at customers tho :p

·
Registered
7,996 Posts
Wisdom teeth extractions bleed for ages, I'm afraid! I had one out many years ago, it wasn't funny! Tomorrow you'll have forgotten it existed, though, but for now, enjoy your Novocaine experience :D (do they still use that?)

·
Registered
11,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
is it the right tooth ?
:lol:

Funnily enough I did have that thought when she popped it out, but when I saw the state of it I realised why it had to come out. Poor tooth :(

Back at work now. Boss said he'll come back after meeting and take over if I feel too ill. Just a bit of a headache now as the painkillers are wearing off, waiting to see if it's gonna hurt from the bruising.

·
Registered
11,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You are alot braver than me. Dentists freak me out biig time. I've been known to leg it out of the chair on more than one occation. Add a language difficulty into that equasion and you would'nt have seen me for dust. :eek: Hope you feel better soon.
My dentist is a lovely lady, and she was right when she said it wouldn't hurt to pop the tooth out, but since I haven't had an extraction since I was 4 and I was under GA for that, I was nervous. I was worried that I'd sit up suddenly and nut her though :D

Are you allowed to gargle with anything?? salt water maybe???
Did that a bit earlier, but at work now so have to wait to go home :( Might go home early though, head hurts :(

·
Registered
7,766 Posts
I thought you weren't supposed to gargle with salt water for the first 8 hours. Didn't the dentist give you a little list of do's and don'ts after an extraction?

Be prepared to feel a bit sick later on and lay off the peanut brittle for a while. It might bleed spasmodically for a few days yet.

I wonder what you will get when you go back for a scale and Polish :D

·
Registered
11,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just because I'm gross... piccies of my poor tooth! :D

I was a touch perturbed to realise that little white lump on the side was a chunk of jawbone :eek:

The dentist laughed when I said I wanted to take the tooth home with me :) I don't know why!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts