Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two Westfalia tin top weekenders for sale. They are both California Imports and are both LHD. I will be taking them both to Dub-Freeze next month (MOT'd) for sale although viewing beforehand isn't a problem. I'm loctated in Nuneaton, Warwickshire.

The first is a 1969 early bay. It's a very clean rust free van with NO rust through anywhere. I used this van during my stay in the U.S. and racked up a good few miles on it with no issues.
It has had a re-spray in it's life. The owner told me this was to cover the primer that was beginning to show through. It is a very thin 'blow over' and the original spot welds are still visible where they should be. There is one 'dent' that can be seen in the pictures, I will try and remove this as it isn't sharp, but it has broken the paint.
The interior is very good and clean as can be seen in the pictures. The original Beech headliner is also in good condition.

The motor is a strong 1600. That hasn't been messed with and runs as it should. It does have a couple of leaky push rod tubes though, i'll have those sorted within the next few days.

The area needing attention are the window rubbers. I have a full set of rubbers, and door seals etc. that will go with the van. At U.K. prices that's over £425.00 of rubbers!!!

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The second van is a 1978 Westfalia Weekender. Once again it is a very good van in very clean condition. It was owned by a guy 'prospecting' for the DKP, so you know it's been looked after.
It has had a re-paint in it's life and is a very presentable van. it drives like an absolute dream. It is one of, if not THE smoothest running late vans i've ever driven. ALL bays should've had the 2.0l injected type four motor as standard. They make modern day driving so easy. The battery tray has had a small repair done in the past, the rest of the van is good.
The interior is in good condition and is equiped with a captains seat in the front. The drivers seat is a little worn but this could be repaired. The headliner has been re-covered in a modern black style head liner material.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

The 1969 Westy is £7500 o.n.o MOT'd and registered ( I also have new stock mirrors to replace the ones on it)

The 1978 Westy is £6250 o.n.o MOT'd and registered.

Please contact me with any questions you have.

Thanks,
John. :)

·
Premium Member
12,552 Posts
nice to have a chat again,

I took this little beauty in P / ex on the Fiat yesterday , just had to have it to add to Joe's fleet

as you can see I have had to hide it in my mates showroom once again , I have now taken over the complete back shelf in the showroom with two of his other pedal cars and 2 Hondas

looking forward to seeing the Beetle in the flesh ;)

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Both the vans are now MOT'd. The oil leaks on the '69 have also been done, all they need now is a clean and new owners. I'm not going to register them before Dubfreeze due to time constraints, I have all the relevant paperwork and I can do this within a couple of days of the show.

Bump for two MOT'd vans:)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.