Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What is the best way to dry the interior of my beetle out.The sound deadening on the floor is wet and I obviously need to try and dry it.Alternatively is it worth replacing it and how hard is it.We have only just bought her and are pretty sure that there are no water leaks from the windows anywhere.(New rubbers fitted following full respray).Would a dehumidifier work (have access to 240v type)

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I take the carpets out of my beetle in the winter, and just use rubber mats. If you're looking for the leak, first check if it's clean or dirty water.
If it's dirty, it's being thrown up by the wheels - so check for holes in the front wings and floor pan, also in the rear corners - or leaks in the seal between the body and the pan.
If the water is clean - check the door seals (unlikely), holes where trim attaches to rear wings, leak via half moon vent on rear wing, and also via the rear window rubbers. Strip the back out (including the rear side trim) and sit in there while your kids spray the car with a hose. You'll be surprised just how many leaks you have!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Long time replying but found leak ages ago.The pipe from the air vent on the deck lid wasn't draining out of the car but into it .New length of hose fitted and draining and bobs your uncle.SORTED

1 - 6 of 6 Posts