Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So me and the Mrs got the van back and put him to bed then proceeded to go car hunting because at that point we had 3 cars and all of them where off the road.:( So after much walking, bus riding and searching classifieds we spotted a...............now don't laugh. A FIAT Cinquecento, ...yes a Chinkychento!! Blue, 11 months MOT and tax 'till April. £500 ono. Went and had a look, took it for a little spin and took it home for £450. Not a bad little runaround. £20 almost fills the tank and it's got a very nice JVC cd player in it. Passenger mirror is a at an odd angle and the handle doesn't do much to correct it and the usual rip in the driver's seat but hey, at least we're mobile again.:)

·
I'm special
3,220 Posts
I had a cinquecento for a company runaround - I really liked it, nippy, economical, fun to drive :) Well done, can't knock it for the price can you? :smurf:

·
Registered
16,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Mrs is slowly falling in love with it (him!). :rolleyes: All our cars are like babies. we sat outside the house last night trying to decide what we were going to do with them all.....
The Fiesta (Anc) replaced my first Fiesta whhich I had for 9 years so he can't go.
The Bay (TC) can't go because it's the only car the dog behaves in but there's a shit load of welding to do before a new screen goes near it.
The Cortina (the Cortina, I haven't named it yet) is the dream I've chased for 20 years since my other one went around a tree!
And now we've got this little Fiat and there's only me with a drivers licence!

·
Registered
14,339 Posts
your ratio of cars roadworthy/not roadworthy worries me slightly............i'm on 10/1 at the minute.........new company car on tuesday will bring it back to 11/2............

as for the ******.....we had one as a courtesy car years ago........what a laff i had in it....couldn't shift it on the corners, but flat out at 30 i'm not surprised:lol:

·
Registered
16,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jeez! had 70+ out of it today, didn't sound like it was even trying!! If anything it cruises better than my Mk1 Fiesta 950. Anyway, still no word from the police insurers and I've asked on the PNDB (police national data base) if I could somehow get the name of the Liverpool cop who brought me and the wife home, to see if he can add a bit of clout to my compo claim. Do you think I could claim for the cost of the Fiat and its new insurance as well? After all, buying it has left me well out of pocket but I needed transport and it will probably work out cheaper than a hire car anyway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.