Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just bought a beetle, and wondering what model it is, its a 1285cc 1976 P reg, and has a metal sunroof, chrome bumpers (with indicators), looking at the insurance sites they want to know if its a 1300,1303,S etc.

cheers,

Matt.

Let see if I can add a photo?

·
Registered
13,136 Posts
well it would either be a 1300 or a 1303, the difference is the front suspension and windscreen, if it has a flat windscreen its a 1300, if it has a curved front screen and has proper spring macpherson struts(like a modern car) at the front its a 1303.

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
10,486 Posts
If it has a curved windscreen, it's a 1303/1303S. If it's flat, it's a 1200 or 1300.

·
10,486 Posts
Damn you Bugsy, beating me to it.

You shall pay for this, be it in this life or the next!

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The windscreen looks flat, so I guess its a 1300, not picking it up till next week, so cant look under the wheels. Cheers for all the fast replies!!!!

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I hope this works!

The car needs a little bit of work, so will be busy this winter in the garage!!!

Cheers,

Matt.

·
10,486 Posts
Definitely not a 1303

·
Chinga tu Madre
6,949 Posts
It is just possible it has beeen resprayed. I've heard of that happening before :D Whatever model it is, I hope you enjoy owning and driving it.

Welcome to dubworld :hangloose

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ah that's true, I know its had a new floorpan and recon engine last year, but the paint does look very flat in the photo's. I guess VW may be able to give me more info if I send them the vin number.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
This is a picture from behind, do you think it has the correct engine lid, it looks to have been replaced at some stage as the paint is shiny!!

Its the black plastic vent that looks odd to me!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts